1st Gen TM 226 GBB Magazine Problems

Shrike6

I pulled out my TM 226 after letting it sit for 5+ years, and I've been having leak issues with the magazines. It's not leaking from a loose fill valve, or from the release valve anywhere visible. However, from the sound of it, it may be that the release valves are not engaging for some reason. When I start to fill the magazine, you can hear gas escaping somewhere in the interior of the mag, as if you were just spraying green gas from the bottle. Are there any sources out there for troubleshooting Marui GBB mag problems and doing overhauls/repairs? I'd like to be certain I'm on the right track.

Easy way to find it is pop it in a glass of water. The gen1 mag has 2 pins that makes it split in the middle AFAIR which is where mine most commonly developed leaks. If it is. Pop it in half remove the o-ring. Grease it, wrap or 2 of PTFE tape. .Grease the o-ring pop it back on. Trim the excess tape. And pop it back together . Sometimes a wrap of PTFE tape over the o-ring and another smear of grease helps too. As for the valve a little silicone may help ,if not it'll need new o-rings or just replace the whole valve if you find it easier.

Watch for the threads stripping if you undo them. The alloy is really soft, and the steel bolts rip it to pieces. It happened to 2 of mine, so I keyed the surfaces and epoxied them together instead of buying new mags :)

Archived