JG STG58 new owner advice

paranoiddroid

Ok i have got my hands on the jg fal (basically OEM for the echo1 DSA/matrix enterprise arms from what i can tell)

Right i know its a Classic Army clone but there is some dispute about what magazines fit it. Sone say the midcaps for the E1/Matrix fit some say no and the same for the CA ones. Does anyone have any ideas and/or experience with this thing so i can find out and then buy 6-8 midcaps.

Secondly in terms of improving the accuracy its stock as far as i am aware its the carbine with the shortish barrel (measuring from the back of the chamber gives 18" so id say about a 16 inch outer barrel) it's the full stock version.

The hop unit seems ok and its got a nice adjustment system just it has that annoying both sides are on full and middle is off thing the G3 aegs from JG have according to a reviewer.

I do have an extension for the barrel so could run a longer inner barrel in my quest to make it more SLR like *bagdad bob voice* rail on the dust cover there is no rail on the dust cover *Bob voice* but that's a long term thing because at the moment it wouldn't fit in any of my gun bags with that setup so I'm fine with the extension just being asthetic.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what if anything to do i. Terms of the hop rubber and what's compatible with it or someone in the UK who can Rhop/flat hop the gun (if the unit i have in the gun can handle that) and a recommendation for a brand and size of barrel for it. I was thinking something around 6.03 to give me at least sone flexibility with BB's vs a 6.01 but i have heard wide bore barrels do work wonders for accuracy so I'm a bit out of my depth here.

The other thing is if i lock the gun to semi auto only is that as easy as I have been told that it is just a matter of shaving the selector plate and the gun can happily take that without breaking anything. If i do this is a new selector plate an easy part to lay my hands on.

I'm not thinking of going for a DMR just if zi am building it up to look like an SLR why nit kock it to semi.

Thanks for your help guys, any other tios are appreciated.

Ok i have got my hands on the jg fal (basically OEM for the echo1 DSA/matrix enterprise arms from what i can tell)

Right i know its a Classic Army clone but there is some dispute about what magazines fit it. Sone say the midcaps for the E1/Matrix fit some say no and the same for the CA ones. Does anyone have any ideas and/or experience with this thing so i can find out and then buy 6-8 midcaps.

Secondly in terms of improving the accuracy its stock as far as i am aware its the carbine with the shortish barrel (measuring from the back of the chamber gives 18" so id say about a 16 inch outer barrel) it's the full stock version.

The hop unit seems ok and its got a nice adjustment system just it has that annoying both sides are on full and middle is off thing the G3 aegs from JG have according to a reviewer.

I do have an extension for the barrel so could run a longer inner barrel in my quest to make it more SLR like *bagdad bob voice* rail on the dust cover there is no rail on the dust cover *Bob voice* but that's a long term thing because at the moment it wouldn't fit in any of my gun bags with that setup so I'm fine with the extension just being asthetic.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what if anything to do i. Terms of the hop rubber and what's compatible with it or someone in the UK who can Rhop/flat hop the gun (if the unit i have in the gun can handle that) and a recommendation for a brand and size of barrel for it. I was thinking something around 6.03 to give me at least sone flexibility with BB's vs a 6.01 but i have heard wide bore barrels do work wonders for accuracy so I'm a bit out of my depth here.

The other thing is if i lock the gun to semi auto only is that as easy as I have been told that it is just a matter of shaving the selector plate and the gun can happily take that without breaking anything. If i do this is a new selector plate an easy part to lay my hands on.

I'm not thinking of going for a DMR just if zi am building it up to look like an SLR why nit kock it to semi.

Thanks for your help guys, any other tios are appreciated.

Flat hop or R hop would be a good start, go with a 6.03 or 6.05mm tightbore. Widebores are really only good for reducing power in GBB rifles, I have never seen one outperform a good 6.05mm barrel in accuracy or range. Prometheus or PDI are the best, though ZCI 6.02mm are cheap and cheerful.

Hop up unit is a clone of the CA which is a SIG 55x unit, pretty much a G3 unit with support for a screw at the bottom. Should be off when it's all the way to one end of the drum and all the way on at the other end of the drum.

Magazine wise, CA ones should fit.

Semi locking can be done by cutting the selector plate to stop it engaging the cut off lever.

What I'd reccomend:

1) Flat hop and a tightbore barrel

2) Mosfet, rewire it in decent wiring and deans connectors

3) Sorbo pad on the cylinder head and AOE correction on the piston

4) SIG552 nozzle with an oring

5) SHS high torque neo motor (short one, the FAL uses an AK motor cage)

6) SHS 12:1 high speed gears

7) Lighten the piston

Using an M110 spring that should give you about 365fps at 27rps on a big 7.4v lipo. Your semi auto trigger response would be in the ~37ms range.

Archived