HPA Panzerfaust 60M

renegadecow

I've started this project for some time now but hit a brick wall with valve limitations. Basically the only valves that fit were pretty weak and the ones that work well would mean making the trigger lever as fat as the launcher tube itself. The breakthrough came when I realized I can simply ditch the electromagnet on the fat solenoid and actuate it with a permanent magnet instead. Now the ball is rolling steadily and will probably get to skirmish a prototype by the weekend.

Warhead on this one is paper mache for now and will be making fiberglass copies later on. The solenoid valve on the drawing already has the electromagnet removed. Air tank is fairly small and recommended psi is only up to 100 but should still be good for a decent 300 bb payload.

IMG_8791.jpg

Trigger and rear sight assembly. Will probably lengthen the rear sight a bit.

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8799.jpg

IMG_8798.jpg

IMG_8796.jpg

WE double barrel version in the works.

IMG_8536.jpg

Ha! Passion has nothing to do with it. Will be selling these bad boys to fund that sweet WE Thompson. Then when the USGI side of reenactors/airsofters complain of the incessant wall of plastic death I'll make and sell em M1 bazookas with 4x the payload to fund a WE "Schmeisser".

Edit:

If anyone's interested, I'm using 20mm (OD) pipes for barrels. They work really well without wadding as the bbs sort of arrange themselves to make a decent enough seal so you just pour bbs down the muzzle and stuff with a bit of newspaper as an overshot card.

So after fielding this yesterday, I've got some development notes to put out.

It worked fine until around a little after noon where the firing mechanism flat out failed. The "L" shaped piece with the magnets which is essentially a spring had softened from the heat significantly enough that it wasn't making full contact with the solenoid so wasn't attracting the metal plunger inside enough to trip it. It started to work again around an hour after presumably when things got a little cooler. I'll be redesigning it with a coil spring assisting the magnet.

Archived