Bringing back a dead treasure of an SVD.

Gunmane

Hey all, been a long time since I have posted anything.  Got an old relic out from its tomb, a Gen 1.5 or so Real Sword SVD.  Last time I tried to use it, it jammed horribly and would not cycle at all, and even with it all apart now, I still cannot pinpoint the issue.  I do not feel it is the cutoff issue specifically, but perhaps something getting caught when all together.  Besides that issue, I am wondering about a means to deal with the undersized cylinder head that it has.  So, for the ancient tech wizards of old, any clue on the oring size for the cylinder head?  Unlike the piston head, it is sorta of locked in line with the plastic head, and I do not feel like damaging it trying to dig it out.

I really wish LCT would release their svd gearbox out for a not insane price so I could see how it would fare, but alas I do not see that happening any time soon.

Gearbox is pretty much stock, only change to it was wiring for a gate nanoasr.  I need to find a means of getting the cylinder head to actually sit in the cylinder properly though (old me did teflon tape).  Battery used is usually a 7.4 stick lipo of decent quality from hobbyking (was always wary of trying one of my 11.1v lipo butterfly style ones).

As for the bb's jamming, I found a few in chamber still when I first started taking it apart Saturday, but I reckon that was from either hop set too high the last time I tried to used it+the gearbox failing to cycle properly.  Hop up unit itself seems fine, have it disassembled for if I do get the gearbox working and decide to put a Maple Leaf bucking set up in.

Archived