1911 Outer Barrel

Hello. I am currently working on a 1911 build (tm or clone) and I need to install a longer outer barrel. I am struggling to find a longer outer barrel for a 1911 (I don’t want an external thread, just longer barrel). I could try cutting another barrel down and threading it so I can screw the two together joining the two to make one longer one.

Failing that, does anyone know where I could easily source the part, or would a hi-cappa outer barrel fit? I don’t have a hi-cappa to compare, but they do look pretty similar. I need something similar in length to a hardballer, so about 6” or 7” I suppose.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

On 8/13/2023 at 5:20 PM, The Disavowed said:

Excellent information, thank you for that, I have seen longer hi-cappa’s so may find it easier to get one of those. Not sure the best place for small parts so I am open to any suggestions.

I got a complete working TM Capa/1911 compatible KJW Hi Capa upper if you're interested mate.  This one

6D3p27Z.jpg

w976CWg.jpg

SPTjIkM.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but I actually hate hi-cappa’s (don’t all flame me!), I only need a really long outer barrel but I can still only find 4 or 5 inch ones, and I need a 6 or 7 inch (🙄that’s what she said). I have looked at all the normal sites I know such as wgc, ehobbyasia, den trinity, redwolf, wolf armouries, and a few others I can’t remember but all to no avail so far. Who would have thought it would be so difficult, why nobody catering for long slides? (Struggle to find those too for a 1911)

15 hours ago, The Disavowed said:

Thanks for the offer, but I actually hate hi-cappa’s (don’t all flame me!), I only need a really long outer barrel but I can still only find 4 or 5 inch ones, and I need a 6 or 7 inch (🙄that’s what she said). I have looked at all the normal sites I know such as wgc, ehobbyasia, den trinity, redwolf, wolf armouries, and a few others I can’t remember but all to no avail so far. Who would have thought it would be so difficult, why nobody catering for long slides? (Struggle to find those too for a 1911)

Zeke made a few some gizzlion years ago. Their are also shooter's design ones and SD longer outer barrels but they are Infinity and Sti slide more suited to a 2011 build.

BTW, it's not a complete gun I am selling, only the top half complete with innards and it works on a TM 1911 too.

• 2 months later...

Ok, I’m still toying about with my project 1911, I am just not quite 100% sure about my barrel, I might port it, then again I might not, I’m not sure yet. I was wondering though if anyone has one of the two part barrels that unscrew by the chamber, that they were able to measure the size of the thread that it screws on, was wondering if it’s 14mm? The sort of thing I mean is something like this:

2B98C8E1-31F7-424A-9769-96AA00E97201.jpeg.6de3881fd1a0dfe52a2b988a4f42c298.jpeg

Many thanks 😊