CA Gearbox Improvement

Catchv22

I took down a CA33 recently and I noticed something very interesting. The cylinder space has rounded out corners which are the weakpoint of the version 2 gearbox. I'm wondering if CA does this standard now, or if this is something the previous owner did. The job looks quite professional, so I'm guessing CA do it standard now? Any insight would be good.

I took down a CA33 recently and I noticed something very interesting. The cylinder space has rounded out corners which are the weakpoint of the version 2 gearbox. I'm wondering if CA does this standard now, or if this is something the previous owner did. The job looks quite professional, so I'm guessing CA do it standard now? Any insight would be good.

Must admit, this is something I do to all my guns if I ever take them to bits. It's pretty easy to do with a dremel, just readius each corner a bit.

My CA M15RAS, which I got nearly a year and a half ago, has the front corners of the gearbox (cylinder space) rounded out also can't remember about the rear corners. Good on CA.

A piece of trivia for you - this is why the Liberty ships during WW2 sank because the hull hatches had square corners and this is where the cracks propagated from. They then incorporated rounded corners into the hatches and the ships no longer broke in half.

Archived