What to buy? And how to recognize ICS versions?

LoneWolf

What should I buy?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What should I buy?

• KSC Mk23 HW (bare)
    • ISC MP5A3 (bare)
    • KSC USP Compact (bare)
    • TM MP5k PDW & Guarder Aimpoint

I'm back :cookiemonster:

I have the cash for 1 (one) airsoft gun. The problem is I left all my Airsoft stuff (slings, chargers, batts, BB's, guns and all) in the US and I just moved to Italy. I wan't to start my collection again.

What should I start out with? A GBB pistol or a AEG SMG? (remember, I have absolutly nothing, I have to start from scratch)

I got enough cash for a ICS MP5 with batt, spare mag and charger. So a tad limited <_<

Should I blow it all on a AEG or Mk23 HW, or should I buy something cheaper (KSC USP Compact) or a TM MP5k PDW with Guarder Aimpoint.

Some of you may think "Wot a n00b", cheers to them. :P

Also, how to recognize what ICS version a MP5 is?

noob. ;)

any ICS MP5 that you buy new now should be at least version 3 i would say, which is the one you want. it has been out for quite a while, so if you buy from a reputable shop, they should have this in stock by now.

i say go fro the MP5. if you need to start all over again, you need a primary weapon, and its general concensus an AEG is best for tjat role.

i just can't work out why you are asking this question, as you say you have already brought loads of kit in the US.

did you leave your airsoft knowledge on the plane ?

edit: forgot sarcastic smilie

*shoots weasel in the nuts with a .45 :mrt: * (EDIT: Sarcastic emoticon forgives all :D)

I know that V3 is the only one to get, I've handled a few. My question is how can I spot if it's V3? (never had a ICS gun)

Some dude has a brand new ICS MP5A3 he want's to sell, he's a complete n00b and he does'nt know if it's V3 or not.

I know my way through the guts of a gun, so it does'nt need to be n00b friendly.

As for the pole.

I don't really know what to buy first. I always bought all my kit at once :)

*gets up, dusts off the puny.45, and shoots LoneWolf with his Desert Eagle*

i dont know if there are any defining ways to spot one, but if the gun he's selling is brand new, it will be a version 3 i should think.

if somebody can clarify when teh V3 came in, it will help.

but i have had my ICS MP5 since feb and its a V3 one....

there is no sticker in the mag well of my 7 month old V3 MP5, so i dont think that is a good way to tell.

the K is good fun, and for the price of a new ICS MP5, you could get 2 second hand TM MP5K's........

maby i am wrong. i thought i saw it on airsoftplayers.com but i am just special ;)

Hmm, I'm really looking into the MP5k PDW. But the ICS is full metal... but none the less, the "k" is small, versatile and a good backup. (I looove sniping, for assault I'm gonna buy a CA M249)

Shame on me but, I never had a TM gun :D (one "was" a TM, but I got it with a Systema M4body, ARMS Bi-Level ris VLTOR Mod-Stock and Systema guts :D) how durable is the PDW? Does the cocking handle pull back? (I like loading my guns like the real deal) How's the stock?

Archived