BB Claymore/micro close range shotgun.

Tom.w

Ok, Sorry UBIE for kind of stealing your idea on the bb claymore. But i have made a more advanced version.

My camera isnt charged at the moment but i will draw a diagram and a step by step guide on how to build it. And i will also get some pics up soon.

Ok so these are the things youll need...

NEEDED.jpg

You will also need an end cap for the pipe, a drill+a drill bit roughly the same diametre as your nail or screw. Its important it is about 0.5 of a mm bigger than the screw, youll see why later :D

STEP 1

step1.jpg

Using the drill. drill hole 1 about and inch or so into the pipe. Hole 3 is drilled 1 and a half inches along from that, and hole 2 is drilled about 1cm above hole 1.. You need to make sure this is done in a straight line. (i recomend marking out the 3 fist holes with a pin punch or a permanent pen or somthing) USE A RULER

The yellow holes you see on this picture are the holes that are drilled in between each of the 3 main holes. This takes a long time, but as far as i know it is the only way to do it. Once you have a long hole put your screw/nail in and make sure it can slide freely in it. If not then get a thin file and smooth it over inside. You will need to do this anyway to get rid of any sharp bits of copper sticking out.

STEP 2

STEP2.jpg

If you have a cylinder the same size as the tube that fits the dimensions i stated above, thats great. But the reality is, probably no one on this site does. So youll have to do what i did. Go to your model store or hardware store and find some green stuff/modeling putty/plastic putty... Like this stuff here...

greenstuff%20copy.gif

And mold the cylinder so its about 2cm long and the same diametre as the copper pipe, make sure it isnt too tight or there will be too much friction and a great loss in power.. You will then need to wait for it to dry, sand it down and drill a small hole in the centre which goes down about 1cm.

ASSEMBLEY

assembleyPT1.jpg

Use a spring about 0.5 or 0.6 joules or itll be too hard to cock the mechanism back.

Place the end of the sping into the cap and push the cap onto the tube, solder is what your meant to use, But i just superglued it on and it plenty strong enough.

Now get the cylinder you just made and push it in with the the drilled hole facing the top. When you start to see the hole get your nail/screw and push/screw it into the hole. Dont worry if you cant work out what to do at the moment, Itll make more sense when you see the last few images

You are now finished...

Its quite obvious how to use it, just pull the screw/nail back and lock it into the little bit at the back load it full of bb's or whatever. When you want to fire just push the scew/nail down and across and *PING*.

finished.jpg

Its quite complicated to build but i assure you the first time you spray a blast of bbs at your target youll be crying for joy with your little creation.(just dont tip it upside down) :)

Now to use it as a claymore follow this diagram... ;)

demo.jpg

Cheers.

Hope you liked it & please leave some comments.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont see how the claymore design would work

sorry if i'm the only one but how does the tripwire pull the nail out of the 'locked and safe' position?

basic safe position right?

dontgetit.jpg

so when the tripwire is pulled all the pin will do is push harder into the metal above right?

sorry but i dont get it

JAM

I thought the same, just add a third position (number 2 on the draw) to allow tripwire firing. The first would be used as a safe position to avoid accidental discharge before placing the trap, and the filling between position 1 and 2 is to avoid the pin to go back to "safe" alone. Using something to guide the tripwire (in blue) would do the rest.

pin.bmp

Archived