Maruzen Vz61 Scorpion

Mantis

Yes i know there is one, ive already read it.  Just wanted to get some more info on how it is.

Why not log on to the intermation superhighway and find a review? then you can post it here and everyone is happy

To get you started try this http://www.airsoftohio.com/reviews/showpro...&cat=998&page=1 (the new HTML system is way beyond my comprehension you need to copy and paste).

tell you what, shall I be helpful and give you some info?

the scorpion is ok, very accurate in comparison to, for eg, the KSC m93r- however, the mag needs work doing on it straight out of the box- nothing major, but bits need filing down to make it fit.

the placcy body doesn't seem to be fitted as snuggly as it could be, and on Heyhomes' scorpion, there was a clear gap between the upper and lower receiver- not huge, but a couple of mm.

longevity-wise, well, Heyhomes had his for about two years, and its just started to malfunction badly- I've a suspicion itsto do with the mag valve freezing, or its possibly developed a leak, but either way, not as good as, for eg, the mac11 or micro uzi. also holstering it is a problem unless you remove the stock (I'd do it, as its much too short to be of any practical use)

all in all, its good fun if you like its looks, aren't afraid of doing a bit of work on it, and are prepared for it to be a bit disappointing in the build quality department.- hope this helps

Personally, I like my Skorpion as a good "bad guy" backup weapon.

It'll fit into most ..dare I say it..Paintball marker shoulder holsters,

with slight mods for the forward positioned mag, with or without

the wire stock attached. Though I wouldn't remove the stock, since

it does seem to add strength to the lower receiver.

As with all GBB's, lube and clean regularly.

Best of all, you don't have a boomerang sized Mac11 banging

around while you run.

Bottom line, its an evil SMG (if you are caught with a real one in some parts of Africa,

you are shot on sight for being an evil spy) and it's the size of a MK23 with the LAM unit.

And it even looks good with suppressors

(I got the Tanio Koba "espionage"-don't know why it's called that, cause it's too

big for a spy , and some smaller 110 and 80 mm ones for different looks).

Love it, I may buy another for that Matrix lobby scene.

Archived