Airsplat.com is the devil.

Kahr606

Okay, here's how it went. I've been trying to get some friends into airsoft for a while, but they always say that they can't afford it. I decide to go on ebay and see if I can't get them some cheap springers or something for christmas.

I search and find 2 HFC USPs (good solid gun btw) both currently at 99cent (plus $10 dollars shipping for each. Thats how they get ya.) so I wait until the auction is almost over and bid while its still at 99 cents. I win both of them. The seller, 'Airsplat.com', has only about 70 feedback, but they are all positive, so I'm not worried. Plus I've been to their site and it looks respectable, so at this point I'm not worried. I pay immediately through PayPal. I then send an email telling them that I paid and asking them to email me. That was a week and a half ago.

Since then, their eBay store has closed (they are no longer a member of ebay), and I have sent several emails to their website, to their eBay box, etc. They have never replied, and I have yet to see anything in the mail. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what the hell is going on but otherwise, I think they are screwing me.

After checking into them, I've learned a few other choice tidbits. They offered the new UTG M324 Master Sniper as a BuyItNow item on eBay, saying they had 150 in stock. Nowhere in the listing did it say that it was a preorder or anything. I saw the same thing with Tac 9 Sniper rifle. They offer these items before they've even been released, and don't tell people that they don't even have them in stock.

All I know is, their business practices seem shady, their ebay store disappeared like the Bush family's dignity and with far less hilarity, and I still haven't gotten my damn guns. Merry christmas indeed. Airsplat.com is the devil.

Man that felt good.

Hmmm, that does sound odd. Are you sure that the eBay trader by the name of "AirSplat.com" was indeed the same person / people as the official Airsplat.com found here?

The real Airsplat.com are (as far as I know) a reputable company, and they don't sell springer pistols for 99c <_<

Just a thought, but this eBay seller doesn't sound to me like it was associated with the real Airsplat.

Update!

After emailing Airsplat.com again last night and threatening to file a greivance with PayPal if they didn't respond, I got an email today (surprise surprise) saying that they were "having trouble with ebay" and that was why it took so long. They must have a crappy mail-service if problems with ebay prevent them from answering my repeated emails to their website. But anyways, they said that my guns would be here friday, and I guess all's well that ends well. I got (or will get) two decent guns for 21 bucks and it turns out that AirSplat.com may not be the devil after all.

Looks like the problem is solved, and this post could be moved to resovled matters.

I bought my first springer (UHC M9 Heavy Weight) from Airsplat.com couple years ago, and didn't have any trouble. Haven't done any business with them since (though came close couple times).

I wouldn't call them evil, incompetent maybe, but their business is legit.

Archived