M16 A1

boardslide113

Hey, I was wondering about the M16 a1. I tried to find reviews on it and i searched the forums here at arnies but didnt find much. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think of this gun. If it is a good starter AEG and if the V1 mecj box is any good. How it compares to the A2 stuff lke that. If anyone has some info on it that would be great. Thanks and Godbless

Hey, I was wondering about the M16 a1. I tried to find reviews on it and i searched the forums here at arnies but didnt find much. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think of this gun. If it is a good starter AEG and if the V1 mecj box is any good. How it compares to the A2 stuff lke that. If anyone has some info on it that would be great. Thanks and Godbless

Uhm, except the possibility of barrelwobble they're good for beginners.

The gearbox isn't a V1 (that's the Famas) it's a V2.

Really its a V2? I though it was a V1 because at poweredgeusa.com where my friend bought his they said it was a V1 I am not the one that got one my buddy did. I have just been wondering if it will be a good gun for him to start with. And if it will hold up in the Field. Thanks for the reply.

Well I had an M16A1, and it does have a V2 gearbox, all M16/M4s do. I didn't have any barrel wobble at all, during the year and a bit I had it. Though I did start to feel it was too plasticy for my likings, so I moved onto a CA M15A4.

I should think your friend will get along fine with the A1, although I don't think you can do much to it upgrade wise due to how the barrel is attached to the body, or at least I remember it being different from the TM M4 that I also have.

Doesn't the regular M16A1 (not VN) have a plastic outer barrel? Anyways, I know a few people who have crashed on one, guess how many pieces it cracked into. ;)

A standard TM cracks into two parts: Front Set with Upper and Lower Receiver with stock...guess how many peaces a CA or most of the other metall body cracks into? Three! Upper and front set, lower receiver and the third is the stock...have seen three wrecked metall ones this year...... If you don´t handle your gun with care a metall body won´t help you...at least you will only ruin 100 bucks more ;) And for this "metall mystery".....it´s a kind of zinc-aluminium pressure-die casting.....

So do you think the TM a1 is worth it for 205$ and as a starter AEG?

Problem with quality VN style AEGs is the only real good deal is G&P ones. WGC offers some cool custom ones including a tuning for just 320 bucks plus shipping. So the final price will be up to 400 bucks..... hm..... quite a difference.... so the TM is worth its 200 bucks ;)

Archived