Jump to content

Boba_Fett

Forum Regular
  • Content Count

    1,006
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

About Boba_Fett

  • Rank
    Regular Poster
  • Birthday 06/28/1972

Additional Information

  • Airsofter since
    2002
  • Toy collection
    CA SLR105
    TM UZI
    TM M14
    TM M4S
    TM M653
    TM XM177E1
    TM M16VN
    TM FAMAS G2 Comando
    TM FAMAS 2 FELIN SAW
    TM Colt 1911A1

    Former guns: TM AK47, TM M733, TM FAMAS F1, TM FAMAS SV, TM G3A3 AEG, TM MP5 PDW AEG, CA M15A4 Carbine AEG, Omega Glock17 GBB, KWC Desert Eagle HG Spring, KWC S&W 4505 Spring, TM P38 Spring, TM 08 Spring, L&S Sten MKII, L&S Sten MKIII
  • Country
    Germany

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0
  1. I played mine two weeks ago with 0,5 gr BBs and it rocks. Due to the physiks of GBBR the chrono says 1,5 Joule. Chroned with 0,2 gr the Display said 0,9. So go for the heavier BBs
  2. ICS missed it again. The HopUp rubber is extremly unprecise. Change this and you might have a useable airsoft....
  3. Okay, just stripped the SOCOM and solved the problem. It now runs with a standard Marui Next Gen spring and I did the energy reduction in another way. The problem was that normally a 7,4 V LiPo is not to strong... in this case it was. The complete wiring was set to minimum resistance including Deans connector and I even removed the fuse resulting in a GBB like response time. But in combination with a 0,5 joule spring this is the same as running a standard Next Gen on 10,8 or even12 Volt. I knew about this, when I built the weapon for my own purpose but I am normally using 8,4 NiMh batteri
  4. There is another reason to prevent the hopup unit being pushed foreward by the magazine. If this happens it is very likely that a gap between hopup sealing and nozzle occures resulting in a devastating loss of power. A gap of a tenth of a millimeter likely decreases the power by 0,5 joule. The mentioned loss in accuracy is caused by this loss of power.
  5. And the update: I was wrong: You do not have to modify the barrel spacer. There is at least enough room for standard Marui wiring. But the 4 inches from the front of the gearbox around the HopUp unit right through the front of the upper is pure pain. At least I managed to keep the wires away from the bolt stop..... For the unpatient ones: Don´t try this at home Now everything is in place but I have to tear it apart again cause the bolt stop isn´t working Note for myself: Never ever again buy a weapon four clumsy guys whos fingers are all thumbs have worked on.
  6. Yes, I already figured out that I will have to modify the barrel lock a little bit to get the wires to the front....
  7. Is anyone of the SOCOM-owners having a picture of the opened gearbox? As I want to rewire a SOPMOD to the front I would be interest how Marui installs the wires inside the shell.
  8. Perhaps someone has a hint for me to find some spare parts: I just had the opportunity to get another Sopmod for just 200 €... guess what, I bought it Now this one is missing the charging handles spring and the bolt stop spring. I modified a Version 2 ARL spring to fit at the bolt stop and it works though it seems this isn´t the perfect solution. Any ideas? And for the charging handle spring: I tried a version 2 tappet plate spring but this didn´t work. I know there are shops out there offering the spring including the charging handle... but perhaps somenone offers another idea
  9. As I havn´t read anything about somehting like this: Has anyone ever tried modding a standard upper to fit on the SOPMOD and the new gearbox? A bolt-stopping recoiling M16A1 would be pure fun
  10. Hm... if you want the best for your money... keep it stock. The Marui SOPMOD is so brilliant.....you have to invest a lot of money to get it a little bit better. The cheapest upgrade perhaps is a M100 spring. The twisted barrel is very smooth. But without good BBs it isn´t worth the money... but that´s the "problem" with all tuning barrels
  11. So, after the new battery cells arrvied, I removed the six screws from the Marui battery packs and opened them. After removing some unneeded plastic stuff and freeing up room for cell number eight I installed the new NIMH 1.600 mAh cells and closed the box. Saturday I tested my SOPMOD and it is awesome! Trigger response is perfect. The ROF rose to a limit I am afraid of the piston. So I ordered a 330 fps spring at eagle6 In combination with my Tanio Koba this should be a perfect match. But onece again I lost the trigger pin...though I had the secured Laylax version and tightend it just be
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.