Moscart Slug HHEEELLLPPPP

Elmo

Guys,

I'm a grenadier at heart so when I saw the Moscarts I had to have some. Problem is I can't seem to load the gas into them. I've got the Moscart Slug. Question is .... does anyone know how to load it? It seems that the front end depresses in order to allow the air release, but this is also where the in fill nozzle is. You press the in fill nozzle in order to fill it and it pushes in and release all gas in it. There must be a trick. If anyone could share it it would be most appreciated as I am looking at getting rid of the whole rig if I can't figure this out so please help.

Elmo

Heir Apparent to the Village Idiot.

Elmo, if the construction is anywhere near the MosCart, you have to push the fake primer in the rear of the shell in to make the actual valve seat in position. Then make sure that the fake primer returns back, almost flush with the bottom of the shell.

If you don't do this, the valve will not be closed and gas will escape. This does apply to the MosCart grenades and might be helpful with the MosCart Slug, but I am not sure.

-Sale

Guys,

Thanks for posting. Attached is the photo from one of the Airsoft shops. It is the MOSCART SLUG that we are talking about. Reason it is so strange is that the infill nozzle is located on the top of the floating valve where the gas comes out. You press the back "valve" and it seats the front valve. You press the air can to it and it presses the top piece down and there goes the air. It's like a chinese finger puzzle. Its the weirdest setup I have ever seen. Please take another look. Simply can't figure this out nd have been looking and playing with it for 2+ months and can't even load any gas into it. Starting to feel like the village idiot for not figuring this out.

Note the first raised ring closest to the infill valve(brass fitting). This is what moves and releases the gas. Note how it is the same plate that the infill valve is on.. and it floats with only a gasket to hold in closed.

post-719-1095218540_thumb.jpg

Sorry I can't be of help, but I've never seen that grenade before. A word of advice though, if you want REAL grenade fun, load the grenade with gas, stick it in the chamber, then CRAM a 2in diameter NERF vortex or howler football in the end. The result is 100 yard shots with the crazy little football :)

Looks like you load it like any normal airsoft grenade. You set the primer and then load up the gas. You stick the nozzle of the can of gas into the top fill valve. I remember on normal moscart grenades, you do not do it for more than 1-2 seconds. Too much gas will cause a large (very cool) looking smoke cloud to blow out, but it will also freeze up your O-Rings faster. It doesn't really add much FPS either. I remember there are two moscart slugs. One can be lethal. I'm hoping you don't have that one...

Editted

Elmo, perhaps the O-ring has jumped out of its groove or there's something else wrong inside the grenade? The regular MosCarts also have the valve on top of the grenade. Whether it's on a moving part or not should not make any difference, because when the valve is positively closed and locked by the fake primer, it shouldn't open unless the fake primer is pushed.

Did the grenade come with an instruction of any sort? They usually have pretty good images even if there's not a single word written in english.

-Sale

There is a special tool (sold seperately of course...) that is used to re-seat the ball bearings that makes the seal. If you have something that is just about the same size as the "primer" on the bottom of the cart then it makes it easier. What you have to do is push in the "primer" with a little force until you hear a click or snap sound. That is from the ball bearings getting properly seated. Then withdraw the stick (or pen, or what ever you are using) quickly and the "primer" should fall into the correct position. Then you should be able to fill with gas. What ever you do, DON'T take the cartridge apart. Once them ball bearings come out, they are a total *badgeress* to put back in. There is, of course, a tool for that too....sold seperately.

Guys, I am embarassed to admit that there was one step I was missing. I read the moscart posts several times and then it finally hit me.. I wasn;t doing the 1/4 twist after seating the valve. Thanks for bearing with me and wll the advise. Y'all Rock! If I ever get a chance to met y'all beers on me.

Elmo Out

yeah thats how i did my CAW bb shells. I used the tool or my finger to push the primer up. Then it would fall back some but usually not all the way. I then unscrewed the shell a little bit and it would pop into place. Worked for me.

Oh and if you need to take your shells apart then let me suggest a trick to get the ball bearings to stay in the holes while you try to put them all in. Use some white lithum or some gear grease or vasoline. Put two bearings in a hold and put a little bit of the substance over the hole. Then move on to the next one and do the same. And then move to the next and then the next. Is also easier if you have the plunger and spring compressed down into the valve part while putting in the bearings vs putting the bearings in and then trying to push the spring down.

Archived