G36k

boardslide113

Hey I am asking these questions for my friend so please dont flame me.

Just a few G36k questions

#1 How long is the gun with the stock out?

#2 Is the scope any good to use in skirmishes?

#3 Is there any way you can put a red dot on top of the scope rail and if so how?

#4 Is it a good gun for someone to start out with?

THanks for any help Godbless.

Hey I am asking these questions for my friend so please dont flame me.

Just a few G36k questions

#1 How long is the gun with the stock out?

#2 Is the scope any good to use in skirmishes?

#3 Is there any way you can put a red dot on top of the scope rail and if so how?

#4 Is it a good gun for someone to start out with?

THanks for any help Godbless.

1 - AirsoftGI lists it as 840mm, which is equal to 33.07 inches

2 - me and Megalomaniac looked through the gun's scope at our local Airsoft Shop, and found it to be quite nice. It should work well in a woodland type game.

3 - Some company makes a carry handle with a rail on top of the scope, which would allow you to mount a red-dot on there. Alternatively (and expensively), you could buy STAR's carry handle which includes a magnification scope, and a red dot. Although, I've heard bad things about it.

4 - Most people recommend that people start out with a gun made by Tokyo Marui, but Classic Army isn't too bad of a choice either. My friend Megalomaniac has a G36K, and he says nothing but good things about it. It should be a good starter gun.

Well, I hope I was able to help your friend. Good luck to you both!

-Fat

3 - Some company makes a carry handle with a rail on top of the scope, which would allow you to mount a red-dot on there.  Alternatively (and expensively), you could buy STAR's carry handle which includes a magnification scope, and a red dot.  Although, I've heard bad things about it.

STAR makes both of these carry handles, and I just purchased the dual optic version (red dot on top / 3.5x scope on bottom) and I must say:

The rumors are dead wrong!!! While it was a bit dear ($150.00 or so), the optics and build quality are great... All I can think of is that the old model was bad (these seemed to be out of stock everyware over the Summer) and they retooled, revamped their designs and the one I have is the new improved version (makes sense since they are releasing their HK line soon).

That said, a friend has the CA36 and the stock scope, while not as good as the STAR, seemed skirmishable. Be forewarned, however, earlier versions of the CA36 had a really poor mock sight, so be sure before you buy.

The rumors are dead wrong!!! While it was a bit dear ($150.00 or so), the optics and build quality are great... All I can think of is that the old model was bad (these seemed to be out of stock everyware over the Summer) and they retooled, revamped their designs and the one I have is the new improved version (makes sense since they are releasing their HK line soon)

Really? That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that they've improved their Build Quality. Maybe it means that the STAR SL9 will be worthwhile after all :D

Yeah, 33" sounds about right.

The scope is perfectly serviceable. However, it's going to be difficult if not impossible to use with a full face mask. I've seen people mod rails onto it to fit a red dot. As for fitting a red dot, certainly attaching a rail to the carry handle part would be simple enough. Personally I prefer the G36C railed carry handle with iron sights, it's what I use on my G36K. The sights work great for airsoft, they're accurate enough and fast and easy to acquire. Plus, attaching a red dot or scope is easy. You can buy the C carry handle if you look around.

G36s are great newbie guns, yes even CAs. They have a good hicap that holds a lot, they're versatile, they're good performers, they have good battery capacity as long as you don't mind custom packs, and they have a ton of after-market support so they have a life span.

Get a CA36K, some rails for the handguard (maybe a long one for the bottom so you can use a vertical grip comfortably), a spare hicap, a couple of Intellect 9.6v 1200mAh mini batteries, and maybe a sling. You'll be all set.

Archived