Pimp my P226.

LoneWolf

So I got myself a TM P226. Comfy as hell, although a dissapointment finishwise. Feels plasticky as hell and has paint comming off in a few places!

So, some upgrades are needed!

Here's what's in my UN Co cart:

-PGC P226 metal slide & frame

-Guarder strenghtened recoil and hammer spring

-Guarder piston lid

-PGC piston-head

-Guarder steel barrel

-Guarder steel recoil spring guide

What else?

I want to get some high-flow valves, but I can't seem to find any on UN CO. Will valves for a TM Hi-Capa fit the TM P226?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Pimp it hey?

Fluffy/Swade pink hand grips?

Thats not really me, but its what ever rocks your boat ;)

I was thinking more in the lines of a suede grip, 7"LCD screen attached to the rail, 28" Gianelle chrome wheels and spinners, fo' shizzle.

But, on topic, please!

The most important question concerns them damn high-flow valves! Will valves from a TM Hi-Capa fit a TM P226?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi-flow valves are ###### to be fair, and dont even bother installing the 150% hammer spring, all it did was make it harder to cycle and added 2fps at the most

But otherwise you've got the same setup as me, all you need to be honest. The only other thing I can think of is some hogue grips that you can pick up at botactical for like $16, a decent holster and a surefire :)

Hi-flow valves are ###### to be fair, and dont even bother installing the 150% hammer spring, all it did was make it harder to cycle and added 2fps at the most

But otherwise you've got the same setup as me, all you need to be honest. The only other thing I can think of is some hogue grips that you can pick up at botactical for like $16, a decent holster and a surefire  :)

*shudders*

Order from anywhere but botac! They are horrbile. I wated 3 weeks for my goggles, and didnt get them then. I did a review in the review section, if you want the whole story.

*shudders*

Order from anywhere but botac! They are horrbile. I wated 3 weeks for my goggles, and didnt get them then. I did a review in the review section, if you want the whole story.

damn...cheers for the heads-up dude, I didnt see that. I got recommended them ages ago somewhere, shame as they're the only place that does serpa drog leg holsters :(

Nice one, glad to see you've got style with the un-railed :D

In my experience hi-flow vales use a lot more gas for minimal gain is velocity...generally it depends if you want gas efficiency or power. Around 300 fps on green is enough for me. Also remember for the price of a valve thats almost another mag :o

True. To be honest, I care about the kick most :D Aslong as I get a single full mag of gas, I'm good and happy.

But...I might reconsider the valves...18bucks a piece, and I got 5mags. That's 90bucks <_<

Cheers,

Mike

If you want kick, try to get hold of some red gas, or gut a desert eagle :D

But to be fair, most of the time its cold over here so I wont get a full charge of gas when using a hi-flow valve. I thinking that there might be some way of modding the standard valves to give off more gas...saves you $90 that way

edit: wgc are stocking nine ball as well as KM P226 valves

damn...cheers for the heads-up dude, I didnt see that. I got recommended them ages ago somewhere, shame as they're the only place that does serpa drog leg holsters  :(

SERPA's are utter sh*t IMO. Look at my post about the AD's here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...pic=44211&st=20

Serpas, ######, WHAT?

I've got one for my USPc... never had a problem... I trust it enough to not have a lanyard on the gun... haven't used the drop leg though... the actual retention system is sound though...

3 cases of AD's, numerous jams. I think that the design is flawed, and needs to be fixed. ;)

3 cases of AD's, numerous jams. I think that the design is flawed, and needs to be fixed.  ;)

And since when has AD been a serious problem for you? ;)

I've heard the horror stories and personally I might not trust one, but I'm using it purely for airsoft. I love the retention system, never had a problem with it and as far as I'm concerned it cannot be beaten for a fast draw

hehe...looks like blackhawk has changed their primary target market to us 'softers :P

And since when has AD been a serious problem for you?  ;)

I've heard the horror stories and personally I might not trust one, but I'm using it purely for airsoft. I love the retention system, never had a problem with it and as far as I'm concerned it cannot be beaten for a fast draw

hehe...looks like blackhawk has changed their primary target market to us 'softers  :P

AD's have been a prolbem for me because I dont feel like having my "hot" USPc discharged into my leg, and or give away my position. I dont know about you, but a 350 FPS bb in the leg doesnt feel so good ;)

Try a safariland 6004 for a fast draw, or how about a bladetech?

And no BHI's target market isnt "us softers", they have pretty big mil contracts, and probably some LE contracts :rolleyes:

AD's have been a prolbem for me because I dont feel like having my "hot" USPc discharged into my leg, and or give away my position. I dont know about you, but a 350  FPS bb in the leg doesnt feel so good  ;)

Try a safariland 6004 for a fast draw, or how about a bladetech?

And no BHI's target market isnt "us softers", they have pretty big mil contracts, and probably some LE contracts :rolleyes:

The chances are sooo small its pretty much never gonna happen lol. Na, I just think the advantages of the holster far outweigh that factor. A 6004 is a lot harder reholster then simply clicking it back in. Try a duel at dawn, I'll be sticking with the SERPA ;)

lol I was only being sarcastic about BPG :P

Archived