Need more info on this BDU...

Shinden

I've been doing some research, but I came up with almost nothing. I want to know more information on the Blue/Sky BDU on the market. I do know that the Blue Tiger stripe version is used by the Russians, however companies that makes these "Battle Tested" BDUs made a blue camo. I was wondering if it was issued to any of the US armed forces and if so, how was it used, how was it made to be effective, and for what purpose? Also, can anyone clarify if the Sky camo is identical to the Water camo ?

I recently seen some people wear this Blue BDU in airsoft and made me have some interest in it. The color I really like, however I know it's not effective compared to the new patterns. If any of you do own a blue BDU, I like to hear what you think about it as well.

I've been doing some research, but I came up with almost nothing. I want to know more information on the Blue/Sky BDU on the market. I do know that the Blue Tiger stripe version is used by the Russians, however companies that makes these "Battle Tested" BDUs made a blue camo. I was wondering if it was issued to any of the US armed forces and if so, how was it used, how was it made to be effective, and for what purpose? Also, can anyone clarify if the Sky camo is identical to the Water camo ?

I recently seen some people wear this Blue BDU in airsoft and made me have some interest in it. The color I really like, however I know it's not effective compared to the new patterns. If any of you do own a blue BDU, I like to hear what you think about it as well.

Well up until last year I would have said no way any US forces would wear that...it serves no purpose...but..The US NAVY is going to implement Blue Cammies...but has decided against the woodland style blue..which is more of a "Designer" Fad camo...and is going with a Blue MARPAT Style digital camo.

Scoped.In Posted Today, 07:14 PM

do you mean the USAF tiger stripe? its tiger stripe only with blue, gray, and light blue instead of green and black.

I didn't know the USAF had a blue tiger stripe! It does make some sense that the USAF use a blue colored camo instead of woodland, but honestly I didn't know it was used by USAF. I will look into it. Thanks Scoped.In!

navymp28 Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Well up until last year I would have said no way any US forces would wear that...it serves no purpose...but..The US NAVY is going to implement Blue Cammies...but has decided against the woodland style blue..which is more of a "Designer" Fad camo...and is going with a Blue MARPAT Style digital camo.

US Navy eh? Indeed it doesn't serve alot purpose, but more like to distinguish the branch of the service. Do you have any links on the woodland style blue camo that you have mentioned? Thanks in advance navymp28!

web_041018-N-1810F-003.jpg

web_050220-N-6932B-008.jpg

web_050120-N-4707B-005.jpg

here are a fw pics I got off of the Navy.mil site.

Rumor has it by this summer we shoul begin to field this working uniform.

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00090.php

i knew i saw it somewhere. looks like it's just a prototype now though. not due to be issued until '07.

I don't think that **** has actually been adopted though has it?

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00089.php

Actually last I heard they had pretty much said no to the USAF tiger stripe. They were playing with an ACU kinda thing...more green. I will see if I can dig some pics of it up.

I found some pics. I can't post them from my Govie computer. I will post them wehn I get off shift.

Actually last I heard they had pretty much said no to the USAF tiger stripe. They were playing with an ACU kinda thing...more green. I will see if I can dig some pics of it up.

I found some pics. I can't post them from my Govie computer. I will post them wehn I get off shift.

As promised..

041008_F_5064J_0491.jpg

041008_F_5064J_0361.jpg

041008_F_5064J_0201.jpg

As far as I know this is the most current version of the new AF working uniform.

:D

• 1 month later...
web_041018-N-1810F-003.jpg

About this picture Navymp28, I recently bought a MARPAT camo, however I cannot really comfirm if it is the same replica used for the Navy as shown on the right or far left person in the picture. I bought it from a Military surplus store and the BDU comapny is Tru-Spec. The color is a digital pattern of dark grey, medium blue, some dark black. The chest pockets are velcro and are slanted in the vietnam style and has normal pockets on the lower shoulder area. Do you think you can help me understand what type of camo I bought and what bracnch it is issued to?

Archived