AK Bullpup

Jett

Hey.

These are available from WGC:

Smokey's Bullpub Kit

Smokey's Bullpup Upgrade Kit

1) Does anyone have any experience fitting them? Is it mega-techie or just a straight replacement job?

2) Am I right to assume they fit the AKS body? What about a metal one?

3) Anyone know where they can be obtained in the UK?

If these questions have already been asked and answered in some previous thread someplace then please call me a fool and kindly direct me.

Cheers!

they are apparently for ak47S .. thats right ...

metal or no metal doesnt matter ...

are you sure you want to spend that much though? after all... its not hard to do a bullpup convention by yourself?

and seriously ... if you make it yourself youll probably get a better looking gun! :-P

img029.gif

That is very nice, especially if you made it yourself.

Ever thought about going into business?

The cost isn't so much a factor. I just didn't want to commit to getting all the kit only to find out I need access to NASA's tool kit to fit it.

That is very nice, especially if you made it yourself.

Ever thought about going into business?

The cost isn't so much a factor. I just didn't want to commit to getting all the kit only to find out I need access to NASA's tool kit to fit it.

Thats the smokey kit.

Never seen it fitted! Only in bits.

It looks worth the cash though, I've done just about every other AK conversion but I've never seen anyone skirmishing with one of these badboys.

Usually Lord, I would agree. However, to fully complete my Ukrainian loadout I need a Vepr, and this is as close as I think I'm gonna get.

Thats quite a nice looking gun actually, i take it that it's made up tho ? inspired by the Groza perhaps ? ( http://world.guns.ru/assault/as09-e.htm)

Certainly a lot nicer than the UN Company Bullpub conversion i thought this thread was going to be about

By the way, has anyone done an airsoft Groza conversion ?

cheers,

Craig

EDIT: meant the gun in the original post, but that one above me is pretty damn cool too :)

While all this is facinating... (and the pics are making me wet...)

Any chance anyone has an answer to my original questions?

1) How easy/hard is the Smokey's AK Bullpup kit to fit?

2) Does anyone know a UK stockist? Or is this a HK import job?

Thank you!

While all this is facinating... (and the pics are making me wet...)

Any chance anyone has an answer to my original questions?

1) How easy/hard is the Smokey's AK Bullpup kit to fit?

2) Does anyone know a UK stockist? Or is this a HK import job?

Thank you!

I haven't got the answers to these questions but that conversion kit you showed is a Smokey's, and Smokey's often sounds like "no very good quality for a lot of money", but as other conversion kits they made, if you're sure you want to purchase it, than in my opinion it wouldn't be too difficult to install it.

• 3 weeks later...

nice link...

I do know, that you have a good base for a futuristic, and functional bullpup if you make use of teh smokey kit, and adding some other features.

What I would reccommend is to watch the movie "Soldier". With Kurt Russel. The first couple of combatscenes plus during the movie with all the hi-tec weapons and gear, you will find a bullpupriffel, that is clearly based on the AK, firing the 7.62 round.

Maby a little plus for all of you Bullpuplovers out there. *S*

Martin....

Made Man: I believe the Smokey's kit is for the AKS, so it wouldn't fit on the ICS AK (which has a butt right where your face would go) without some modification of the prongs. Certainly not impossible though...

Back on topic for a bit; I recently spoke to the guys at Trapper and asked if they could convert a Type 86 Bullpup de-act into an airsoft version. They said "er... maybe".

They also said it would cost around £600. They'd also have to machine a new body and it would take a few months R&D. They mentioned that I could use my existing 'K which would drop the price somewhat.

I'm very temped. So far I've been anable to locate the Smokey's kit for sale in Europe or Japan and I don't think it's in production anymore (it's not in Smokey's 2006 trade catalogue anyway).

So where to from here? Looks like I'm going to have to save for a few weeks and order me a Type 86. Ooooh I feel funny...

Archived