p90 magazine questions

vigilante

ok 1st of all: these questions may aound a little dumb because the personi bought my p90 from did not provide a manual

so anyway, i got my p90 tr today, with a scope and a lasr unit (which both work great). anyway i also ordered a hicap and a locap magazine with it.

1st of all- the hicap is loaded but seems to have alot of feeding problems after 3 or 4 shots. did i do something wrong?

second- i di not get a loading tool for the locap but i do have a speedloader (the thing where you put it in a cartridge and click them in), but i cant really seem how to get them into the standard mag. i tried putting them in thel ittle hole but that didnt seem to wokr, even when i pulled back the thing behind the hole, only like 2 bb's got in.

thanks in advance, sry if they're noob questions

*edit* i sort of got the standard mag to wokr, i can put in like 20 then when i put in more they get jammed and then they all fly out at me

Don't putt that lever back. Just push the BBs in with the loading tool. LUBE EVERYTHING. The hicaps will give you problems when they are dirty. Put silicone in both mags, the magwell of the P90 and maybe a little in your speed loader if it's feeling funny (although it will make it work weird for the first few times).

You have to ram the bbs in. That thing is moved back when its in the gun, but stops them from coming out when its no in the gun.

On the hicaps, keep them clean and lubed. Wind them til the click. When is stops feeding the clockwork mech has stopped and needs a tap to get it moving again.

I find the speed loader easier to load the locap than with the loading rod, btw. Can get in a around 75 rounds.

edit: tried it and 68 exactly. hmm

i was winding the hicap for about 5 minutes and it still kept going so i decided that maybe i did it enough. hopefully if i win it for a long time it will fire off the whole magazine.

also, i don't have a ramming rod to put the bb's into the locap =|

and another funny side note, my dad thought the dummy rounds were real and called me a "complete idiot" when i said they were fake and ran off to my mother with it before i showed him online that they were fake :)

My friend has the M16 mag looking speed loader for his mid caps and I use it to fill my standard cap P90 mags.

I just hold down the outer collar on the speed loader with my finger, and press the mag over the inner tube of the speed loader. It works fine (every once in a while I will spill some bbs, but not too often).

When I am finished, the bbs stay in place fine and none come shooting out. That seems more like a magazine problem, not a loading problem.

As far as the high cap goes, you only need to wind it until the sound of the wheel rotating changes and starts making a noticable clicking. That means you are fully wound. I have never had any jamming problems with mine, but I spray silicon lube (aerosol silicon - NOT WD40) into it every day I play.

but its making everything a sorta glowy blue, i dont think dead scopes do that do they?

So, how did you buy this gun?

Didn't you check if the scope was working beforehand? Don't you know the manufacturer of the scope? Don't you still have the previous owners contact details? Don't you have a clue?

Seriously, you need to get your ###### together. You can't spend your life asking people on an internet forum to pull you out of the ###### all the time. I really don't mean to be nasty. I'm genuinely worried that you're too concerned about constantly seeking the advice/approval of others.

Does the scope have a battery compartment? Do you know where it is?

You know, you're probably the only person on this forum who can't actually identify a red-dot scope?!

I dunno what to tell you. Plenty of scopes have coated optics which filter the light. They don't make things "glow" though.

Beyond that, every scope in the world needs a point of aim. Even if it was the cr@ppiest cheap RDS it'd still have a red dot painted on the lens.

Your scope isn't working. You need to sort it. Use some initiative. Use google to do a search for the manufacturer/model and see what turns up.

*sigh

Take a picture of it (if you can manage that) and post it.

If it's good enough to have coated optics it's probably good enough to be a "proper" RDS, in which case it needs a new battery.

Does it have a rotary switch marked 1-11 or something?

beyond that, post the auction URL so we can have a look.

Ok, I just looked at the auction. The pictures weren't brilliant but since the rest of the gun looks to be decent quality, I'd assume that the scope isn't some $5 POS.

You see the large knob on the top of the scope? Rotating that should power up the red dot inside the scope. It should have a bunch of different settings. If it doesn't light up then you'll have to assume that the battery is flat.

There should be a slot in the top of that knob. Grip the knob and use a coin to unscrew the top off the knob. It shouldn't be really tight but it'll have a rubber O-ring in it so it might take a whil;e to undo it.

Once the top comes off the battery will be inside. Whip it out and buy a new one.

Good luck.

alright thanks i'll do that. i already tried twisting all thek nobs in each direction, though but i'll open it up. i just assumed it had a betteryt in it because the laser had a working one and the battery in the gun was charged too. the only anooying thing about the laser is that it is'nt really lined up right, but i taped the back of it so its nearly accurate. its fun to make my cat run in circles after it lol

*edit* and is it me is my gun missing some sort of panel? you can see it under the grip in this pic

http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/09/34/3c_1_b.JPG

looks like there was a panel or something that fell off

Nope. That's where the bullets eject on a real P90 so, on the real gun, it should be hollow all the way up to the Breech.

I've often wondered why they left the airsoft P90 with all those weird moldings on show. You'd think they would have manufactured that part so it was, at least, flat on the part that shows.

Anyway, it's normal.

ok, thanks. i have 75 dollars from xmas to spend on accessories, i prboably want a vest, but ive only seen 1 vest that fits p90 mags and its like 200 dollars, so i may just get a SWAT vest for looks and to maybe hold a speedloader or my non-functional spring pistol :D

Is that the P90 TR? The reciever looks REALLY gray... I remember my P90 being a LOT darker than that.

My old P90 "RDS" with a Systema TR, AS P-90 Silencer, G&G Front Sling Swivel, Milforce 3-pt sling, and a Simmons 3-9 X 25 (if I remember correctly) scope. Also had TN barrel for the M4/XM177 (400mm I think...)

P90TRScoped.jpg

P90silenced_SystemaTR.jpg

Here's a tip for the hicaps. I found that there's a little hex hole in the mag winder. If you bring the right allen key (hex wrench) with you, just stick the short end in there, and use your finger to wind the mag in a matter of seconds. Just wind it until it starts clicking loudly. My hicaps never ran out on the field or unwond randomly like the MP5 and M16 hicaps often do.

I miss my P90 :(. I loved the stock red-dot, but it's near impossible to use with a mask on.

Archived