Airgunner magazine

gunlady

I sent the concession ticket off together with a cheque for the remaining £5.99 for this manual which I felt would be a good idea to own.

After a long wait I decided to e-mail the magazine to see why it hadn't arrived.

Today I got a return mail telling me they couldn't find my cheque (I sent it to the address on the application form) and asked me if it had been cahsed. Not good!

Here is the mail:-

Unfortunately after an extensive search for your cheque I have been

unable to find it on our systems. Please confirm to me the address

which you sent your cheque to and confirm with your bank that this has

been cashed.

If we can be of assistance with any further enquires please do not

hesitate to contact us again

Talk about a slap dash firm! Now I must wait until my bank statement arrives because Barclays now route all calls to my local bank through Barclaycard - for some unknown reason - so it makes it difficult for me, being disabled, to get there and check.

Has anybody else suffered from incompetance? I am not amused.... It might of course simply be the Post Office, we all know what they're like.

Firebird

I sent the concession ticket off together with a cheque for the remaining £5.99 for this manual which I felt would be a good idea to own.

After a long wait I decided to e-mail the magazine to see why it hadn't arrived.

Today I got a return mail telling me they couldn't find my cheque (I sent it to the address on the application form) and asked me if it had been cahsed. Not good!

unable to find it on our systems.  Please confirm to me the address

been cashed.

Talk about a slap dash firm! Now I must wait until my bank statement arrives because Barclays now route all calls to my local bank through Barclaycard - for some unknown reason - so it makes it difficult for me, being disabled, to get there and check.

Has anybody else suffered from incompetance? I am not amused.... It might of course simply be the Post Office, we all know what they're like.

Firebird

I know this is the wrong forum, but as I started it, I'll finish....

It seems typical of some businesses today that they grab your money quickly but drag their heels sending the goods.

And as you have found, getting some sense out of them is hopeless when you get an answering machine. If it's one thing I hate it's that, very frustrating.

I shall not order things from any magazines in future.

However, the bright side is that the Manual arrived this morning. It took 20 days! Not the best way to run a business, is it?

Thank goodness our gun shops are quick off the mark.

So those awaiting delivery - it should be with you soon.

Haven't had a chance to look through it yet as I came on here to break the news.

So you people had better look out for your postman over the next week.

Gunlady

unable to find it on our systems.  Please confirm to me the address

been cashed.

Firebird

You wouldn't be a fellow member of the AirgunBBS by any chance would you? :D.

It is entirely possible that the cheque was indeed lost in the post. It's not unheard of for things to go missing in transit. I bought a set of stainless steel screws for my Air Arms S410 a while back and the first package never arrived. It would have been a little off for the seller to have blamed me for them not arriving, so it might be the same case withe Airgunner. There's every chance that the cheque did indeed fail to arrive. Their advice to check your bank statement is a helpful one, there may always be a less than reputable postie sitting in a sorting office somewhere creaming off the posted cheques for him/herself.

I wouldn't be too hasty to blame the magazine, it could be a genuine postal error :mellow:.

Archived