CA36K to XM8

Fuser

Will this kit work on a Classic Army G36K? Just wondering, keeping my options open.

It says its meant for a G36C, but they're essentially the same gun. Will barrel length be a problem?

EDIT: Also, if it won't work, is there a kit that does?

www.airsoftretreat.com forums have an excellent LONG forum topic on the conversion of a BE (matrix) xm8 kit to accept g36 internals. I wouldn't try that conversion (actually, I did, and can say it is way better to buy the GWS kit). They DO however have scope conversion which will work for the GWS kit. Puts a 30mm reddot in the GWS kit.

Well currently I prefer the look of the G36's to that of the XM8, so for the time being I won't be making any changes.

I was wondering about that particular kit, it didn't look too high quality, so if I ever do decide to make the body swap I'll wait till a better kit comes out...

EDIT: I've checked out those reviews and I've decided that putting one of these kits on a CA would be like crapifying it big time. All of the kits seem to be made out of cheap plastic, and the scopes are, well, horrible. I don't think that a different look is worth sacrificing durability, better optics, reliability, build quality, etc.

Archived