2-piece vs 1 piece BDU

Thanatos

I use two pieces for woodland and a one piece for CQB...

I guess 2 pices is better not only refrigeration wise but also if you break a leg, they'll rip the trousers of wilst in a one piece the whole BDU gets spoiled...

Cheers...

I could see the appeal in a one piece tank suit type thing if you wanted a SWAT or Spec Ops loadout, but never for BDUs. I cant really think of any advantages other than maybe slightly cheaper, which is outweighted by the disadvantages of difficulty to get into, looks horrible and cant take a leak easily in them.

Although I'm a hugh fan of two piece, I recently acquired a british tank suit and to be honest, it's far comfier to wear and easier to take a leak in as the bottom zip opens easily, and as long as you buy a size too big it is very good at keeping you at a reasonable temperature, not too hot or cold. In fact, if anything they are a bit colder than normal two piece set ups in my experience.

I'd still use two piece most of the time, just out of habit! My one piece is just a backup for if I get soaked or destroy my other sets... It also looks kinda cool if your site ever uses vehicles, you look very crew-ish.

I used to work in a one piece squad suit, even with a size too large it was uncomfortable when bending over, kneeling, crouching. If you start putting belts and straps for pads and holsters over it, it gets really restrictive.

An ergonomic assessment by the ambulance service linked them with bad work posture and back problems, so we went back to separates which is much comfier in my opinion.

:devil:

My one piece flight suit is what I wear after the game for lounging around the camp site / safe area from time to time, but for playing it's two piece all the way. The one piece is way too restrictive when bending, kneeling or going prone, and always ends up riding up in the crotch...

Archived