Glock 17 not firing right

Thomme

I put the recoil spring in: no problems. Replaced the magazine valve: no problems. Replace the hammer spring: tons of problems. After leaving the original, stock spring in and reassembling it, I've come across another problem.

It seems that the trigger assembly works very minimally. When I have the slide off and I cock the hammer and the firing pin and pull the trigger, it works just fine, but when I put the slide the hammer doesn't always catch and with the magazine in it'll either fire in full auto, 1 shot and not cock after the slide recoils, spill all the gas or just not do anything. I can't figure out what's wrong with what part, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

I should also add that sometimes it'll fire on it's own. Like, I'll put the mag in, rack the slide and it'll full auto till it's out of gas or slide locks back. Also, sometimes the slide will jam about 2mm before it should going forward.

You should specify which brand the gun is when you ask about stuff - even though it's in your signature.

Sounds like the sear doesn't catch the hammer all the time. Maybe it's not working smoothly after you disassembled the firing mechanism when installing the mainspring, or the blowback assembly slides over it too high. If the latter is your problem, you can shim it with a 0.2 mm shim between the slide and blowback assembly. Put it where the screw goes and it'll stay in place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the exact same problem, like this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=33127&hl=

except on mine i shimmed it like you said and i can hold down the trigger and cock it with no problem, but it just does the same thing with gas in the mag. Blows back and locks back fine, but the hammer is stuck forward. maybe sanding down part #24 or the front of the trigger bar would help?

ive replaced the hammer housing, touch breach, plunger, and the release valve in the mag.

Archived