Seven Cell MP7A1 Battery

famman47

is there any room for a cell in the trigger handle?

eh? Trigger handle ?

Basically, the only space for a battery is the place where it is in the gun, and the little cavity above the hop unit, as noted in the prior pages. All other areas either lack sufficient space to fit a battery into, or have components blocking the available space that cant be removed (i.e. not possible in the vert grip due to the hinge / locking mech)

• 1 month later...

I want to look at removing part of the fuse and battery connector block as it looks like there should be room to slide a small 8.4V in and just use mini connectors to plug it in. I can't get the whole assembly out though, is it just a case of removing all the pins holding the trigger, selector etc in and then sliding it out? Anything I should watch out for?

• 1 month later...
I hate to dig up and old thread, but I was pondering batteries.  I had to get some new batteries for a remote around the house.  I found some aaa's that were 900mah.  I got to thinking that they might just fit in the battery bay of the mp7. 

I have not taken the gun apart yet, but I believe you could fit 6 of them in the front, staggered a little if you remove the battery loading slide.  Then what if you cut a slot in the top RIS mount so one battery could fit there.  Seven batteries would do it. 

I may try this If I can find positive feed back on aaa nimh's.

Problem with household batterys is that they have rubbish discharge rates.

From looking at the photos the guys used the micro deans conenctors, but still theres too many connections for my liking.

Drew

Archived