KJW M700 Take Down: how to disassemble front part

lukvdh

I have a KJW M700 Take Down version and I would like to see how the inner barrel is mounted. But from the 'manual' and the exploded view I can't figure out 'how to get in there'.

Perhaps someone over here already figured this out and can help me ?

It's the take-down version.

Thanks in advance !

guide

A danish guide to fix barrelwobble. But also shows how to pull the innerbarrel out.

Great, thanks. Now at least I have some pictures to start with.

But "I feel" there are interesting tips "hidden" in the text ;-)

Any Danish people around... ??

I don't know that language (I'm from the Dutch speaking part of Belgium) so if anyone could translate the page mentioned in English (or Dutch or French or German, I understand those languages to)... Would help a lot

btw whats the fps on those KJW takedowns? ive been reading that its kinda low compared to the non take downs n ish.

Can't tell really. I don't have a chrono. I have the impression it's not as powerful as "those KJW M700s people are talking about everwhere" :-)

I checked the "fps-screws", cleaned the barrel (and clean it as much as possible since the only 0.36 BBs I found are the graphite covered ones).

Indeed "I have the feeling" fps is not that "super high".

But I can shoot 2 sides of a coke-can from about 20 yards easy.

And the bottom from 2 inches also very easy ;-)

P.S.: The hop-up on the take-down:

After seeing the pictures (see link above) about how to get to the barrel I finally could see the hop-up to. Seems to be the same hop-up rubber as in the non-take-down (and in the TM VSRs). So I replaced the rubber in the M700 with a NineBall for VSR rubber (which does a good job in a VSR).

I found out hop-up is not usable then bacause even when the regulator is completely turned in there is no pressure enough on the hop-up rubber.

But after using quite some teflon tape on the place where the tiny plastic "regulator" presses on the hop-up rubber (this is different in the takedown !!!) I got the hop-up working again. But it's night now so further testing will be for tomorrow.

btw whats the fps on those KJW takedowns? ive been reading that its kinda low compared to the non take downs n ish.

Ok, bought me a chrono (Combro).

My KJW M700 Take down version, stock.

Cleaned (but not extremely today, no time), lubed, original hop-up rubber, teflon tape used on hop-up (similar to the "VSR-10 method"), 0.20 g BBs used, green gas used.

10 bullets shot, average FPS was 528. Average Joules 2.61 (max was 3 J).

There was a rather large difference between lowest and highest values. But I really didn't have time today to look into that.

P.S.

I also tried my chrono on my TM VSR10 (stock, but larger o-ring on piston, Nine Ball hopup-rubber, 0.20 gr BB, 10 shots): Average FPS 232, 0.5 J. Almost NO deviation, every shot (of 10) was almost the same value.

Archived