Scope: what is "default setting" for windage

lukvdh

I want to zero some scopes but also the hop-up on several sniper rifles.

I was wondering "how to start".

I found many "how to zero in a scope" threads. But what about the hop-up ?

If one has no other sights but the scope(s), and the scope(s) is/are used....

How can one start 'from scratch' ?

Does someone know what the "default settings" on a scopes elevation and windage dials are ? Are they "in the middle" (if there are 100 clicks or turns, are those dials on a brand-new-never-used-scope on 50 clicks / turns ?

I would love to know because, if I start adjusting hop up using a scope that is set quite extreme, I would end up with some weird settings at the end (perhaps influencing performance because of too much hop-up ?).

If someone help me with this one: thanks in advance !

You ideally want to probably set the hop first in the normal manner of achieving the straighest (closest to level) flight of the bb.

As for starting from scratch with zeroing the scope, yup you are spot on. Sometimes scopes will come specific to the one you bought, and will give info on how many clicks come on the turrets. If not, count the total, divide by two and then set it from the turret either fully down or fully up, to that number of clicks. Do it for both and you should have a central position both for elevation and windage.

Then take it from there :)

Actualy on a scope it doesn't matter where the "default" is because it isn't the same for every riffle. Just figure out what range you want to shoot at optimaly, then get a target and set it up at that range, take aim, shoot. Don't move the gun, but check where the round hit and adjust the knobs acordingly. It can take a long time, but that's the right way to do it.

Actualy on a scope it doesn't matter where the "default" is because it isn't the same for every riffle. Just figure out what range you want to shoot at optimaly, then get a target and set it up at that range, take aim, shoot. Don't move the gun, but check where the round hit and adjust the knobs acordingly. It can take a long time, but that's the right way to do it.

x2

Archived