A practical Project?

Dodo

Hey guys if you'll look at the attachment u'll see a picture of my baby! i've taken quite a few bits and bobs from different guns to come up with this and want to know whether it will work.

Main problems i an see is the SL9 esque butt i like this however i don't know whether i could engineer it to fit over the famas butt or whether i would have to replace it! any ideas? I've taken into account the Magwell and the mag release catch and the neccesary holes will be added to acces both. My plan is to either personally manufacture this out of wood or get someone profesional to do it. either way it will be a wooden stock with a black plastic finish to keep with the famas design.

I've started this thread for feedback and any advice people could give me!

Ps you may notice another thread by me regarding a custom famas after much deliberation i decided that i reali didn't want to carve up the front end so i limitin myself to choppin the handle to fit a G36 one. and going for a more snipery weapon.

post-23031-1154993965_thumb.jpg

As said above, using a aftermarket SL9 stock will not work.

You could build a mockup out of styrofoam and do a reverse molding sort of process and build one out of lighweight resin such as fiberglass, but that would be overly complicated, and silly IMO to build it as such.

So all in all, I am really just emphasizing what pillow pwnage said.

However if you do find a way to make it work do tell becuase I think it would look rather good.

As said originally i don't intend to use the SL9 stock i'm going to use the design for it (I.E shape) but make sure it will accomodate the famas stock. I intend to as soon as i can get hold of my famas take neccesary measurements and make a mock up out of an easy materiel that will later be used for either a mold to make a plastic version or as a model to work from for a wooden version to be made it depends on how much i want to spend on it.

I'll keep ya'll posted

Rite i decided on a possible method for making a model of the stock to work from. My plan is to make a design for it in too parts from wood then hollow the inside out, to be filled with a mould able material and then pressed onto the famas to allow me to work out the hollow bits inside all i need to work out is what material will be most suitable to mould inside. It needs to cause no harm to the famas ie half get stuck but i welcome any ideas.

Hey guys i've been busy working away practisin with a new modeling program and decided to make a mock up of my proposed plan! here it is:

post-23031-1155757119_thumb.jpg

Please note this isn't perfect and i'm going to properly design it on paper when my lack of a famas problems are solved later this month but as i rough plan i think it looks rather snazzy even if i do say so myself! :)

that looks pretty cool. if you could get dimensions and/or a technical drawing of an SL-9, i could model it up for you with solidworks [professional 3d cad software]. my friend has a fa mas, and i could measure that up. i'm pretty bored this summer, and the is the first interesting project i feel like helping with.

with actual dimensions, i could provide with with a pdf of full scale blueprints, and you could have it carved out of wood, hard foam, or fiberglass layup. good luck either way!

Archived