CM028 misfeeding Issue

EmptyChambers

Well, here the story is. I had an AKS and was unsatisfied with its folding stock. Thus, I purchased a parts gun and replaced the receiver. I am now experiencing misfeeding. The gearbox was not to my knowledge modified in a way as to cause this, though it is possible something got misaligned. I experience this on both semi and full auto. The mags feed flawlessly when fired upside down, and I tested this with 2 standards so far. The hicaps I have also misfeeds, and as a bonus, unwinds when inserted into the mag well. Fun. It should be mentioned that mags fed perfectly with the older reciever.

The mag well is now much looser than before and my mags exhibit significant wobbling. I fixed this to a satisfactory degree(or so I think) and the problem continues. The most obvious solution that pops to mind is that when I reassembled the front assembly, I got the feed/air nozzle misaligned slightly with the barrel. That is my only idea other than the loose mags simply not feeding.

I shall retape my mags so as to ensure a tight fit and update. In the chance that that is not the case, what do you fellows think could be the problem? I don’t' really feel like taking it down a 3rd time today, but I will if the mags don't start feeding well after a new fit. I'd just like to know what I should be on the look out for.

Edit: I just tried swapping the front assembly(and hopup unit) from the parts gun and the problem persists. This leads me to believe that the problem lies in the reciever as if I move the mag around a little, I can get it to load another BB. I'll also double check my gearbox placement, though it seems fine now.

Sure. The new reciever's magwell was far too loose to load the BBs. So I added a few layers of tape to it to ensure a decent fit. A Russian fix to be sure. It feeds better with a few skips sometimes, but its decent.

I also misaligned the hopup a little, but that wasn't too hard to fix after I noticed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived