Help needed with problem M4

nelly the jelly

Hi!

My M4 is double and even triple feeding bb's in . It also pours bb's out the barrel when I wind up the mags. It has also managed to snap two Tappet plates within 6 mags. It has a one piece metal hop unit (make unknown). I will try to give further details as I know them. I bought it second hand so I don't know much more about it. Please can you help?

Hi TriChrome,

Thank you for your reply. I do not know to much about this M4. As it is all metal in construction I am guessing a G&P or a CA. I had the gear box open in order to replace the last tappet plate and did not notice any damage to the gears. I was told that it had had upgraded gears put in it along with everything else in the gear box. The hop unit is also brand new according to the seller. I have replaced the hop rubber etc... with another and still the same problem. I am going to try a different hop unit at some point and check the gears again when I split it to replace tappet plate.

Once again many thanks for your reply.

Nelly

Wow it sounds like the seller ripped you off with a gun with a defective tappet plate, nozzle, or gears.

This is why buying new is probably a good idea, cause you never know if the gun has problems.

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your replies. I will replace the gears along with the tappet plate as soon as possible and let you know. You are probably right, it can be a false economy to buy cheap. Anyway, as many people on the forums have used these situations to learn more about their weapons and so will I.

Thank you again, it's great to know that their is the support from more knowledgable people out there.

Nelly.

Archived