Questions about a For Sale Thread

Hi

Simple question regarding the items that can't be sold on the for sale thread!

I have a couple of trigger springs for M9 variants which I want to sell on, which would be fine and easy except that they are imported from America made by http://www.gunsprings.com/ for the real steel variants.

Now I'm not sure if these would come under firearm components in the for sale rules because: There legal to own and import, they used widely by the airsoft community in order to replace those broken in airsoft M9 variants, and as far as i'm aware they're not original "real steel" parts but just parts made by an outside gunsmith with that application in mind (if that does mean they are real steel then ignore that last point!)

So basically is this a no-no in terms of advertising them on the for sale thread or can i do it?

Thanks for the help!

Angel_wings

The plan originally was to PM the "For sale" moderators but all their inboxs are full!

EDIT: Typo in the name!

Meh. Tricky one.

There are two legal reasons why we have that rule:

1) If the part was ever part of a firearm or a de-activated firearm then they are illegal to place within an airsoft replica as thhe replica then becomes a firearm in the legal sense.

2) Placing any firearm part, be it new or used, that is integral to the operation of a firearm cannot be put into an airsoft replica - same reason as above. You could place a Real Steel Stock on an airsoft replica (assuming it didn't come off an existing firearm as mentioned in rule 1), but not a real steel trigger.

The definition of a trigger spring as an 'integral' part is where the whole thing would hinge, and in the interests of maintaining the legal safe ground of this site, the buyer, and the seller, I am afraid that this sale cannot be posted on this site at this time.

Kudos for asking though. :D

Archived