Spies and Mercs (stealth action airsoft)

Curmudgeon5462

Addressing the soul removal issue, we usually use a rubber band (not a strong hardcore one) to put it on a loop on the backpack, this does the same as the tape you suggested, also souls come off relatively easily because of the connector used to loop them, so even without the rubber band the soul is relatively quiet and easy to remove.

Feel free to limit physical contact, its really up to spies to keep the game safe as far as that, so just let it be known that you want a safe game.

The merc wieght and other handicaps have been fine tuned over many many matches of experiance, so it is really quite balanced.

You could lighten the load at first, but I believe you will find that until everyone gets allot of experiance, the spies will need all the help at first but its still quite fun to play while learning.

Shouldn't the game be fine tuned to fit that there is no wrestling, just having the possibility feels kind of wrong? 

Maybe have the spies be able to pull off the soul easier by taping it to the Merc's backpack and tape is usually easy to pull.  This make stealth grabs as they should be, quick, deadly, stealthy.  That also makes a Merc's lifespan lower though, so have a respawn for Mercs, but only 2-3 before it is used up. 

This eliminates most of the wrestling if the spies are good enough, and that makes the job of the spies easier, balanced out by the Mercs more respawns, possibly lighten the load on their pack to make them more agile to counter the quick spies?

i think that if ur playing this with friends, every group will find different alterations work better for them. i dont think there is a "right or wrong" way to play it. it jus depends on what u think of contact, and what level of handicapping evens out the game most fairly for you.

Having reconsidered, and read everything that's been said, I want to make an apology for my previous post. It was a hasty, poorly thought out judgement on what is a very clever and unique take in a world of bland and boring airsoft missions. I think that if the wrestling was toned down just a little, as I wouldn't like to be beaten up by a merc who's twice my size (as I'd inevitably play a spy) then it has the potential to be better than good. I'd like to be armed, maybe not even with an AEG, just a GBB or NBB, silenced perhaps. I hope you'll accept my apology for the rashness of my previous post.

Congratulations on inventing a new and unique breed of airsoft!

Perhaps I should not judge... it does, by description (though certainly not the video) seem to be a very stealthy game. If Airsoft is BF2, then perhaps this could indeed be Splinter Cell. Again, I would have to try it to truly make comment, and it does seem that in the proper cicumstances and a group of people who would not take it over the line, it could be a great game. +1 for originality :P

On a seperate note, I think (and this is only my opinion, though it does appear to be pretty universal) that you should make another documentary, or at least edit this one. Remember, "marketing" is just as important as having a good "product;" if no one believes that your product is all that great, who is going to try it? Perhpaps you should consider making the documentary more reflective of the game of stealth that you have described.

That's my $ .02, and Good luck with the game :P;)

Ok, website update will be a little later, maybe this comming weekend, but we just got some more stealth action shots for the documentary and will be fixing it later.

Just played an awesome match last night and I did alot of sliping through barriers and divider walls to get into enemy territory (I play as a spy), Got two stealth kills and had tons of fun, Imagine spending an entire 1 hour game slipping around in the dark 60ft by 80ft barn and stalking the armed mercenaries killing two of them and never being found. Adreneline rush like no other.

Anyway, has anyone gotten to try this yet? just wondering.

Well, we may try soon with my friends, first we start out in the woods, then travel in somehow to one of my friend's houses, we infiltrate, and take an objective back to our starting point, where there is a respawn. Of course the whole time the mercs are desperately guarding the prize (probably a pen that could launch a nuclear bomb/have the launch code for it).

Here's a simple game:

Spies are armed with whatever they want, but cannot open fire until they are fired upon or spotted.

Mercs are armed with whatever they want and get flashlights.

The spies must remove an objective from it's resting place to another position.

Camping the objective is not allowed.

It's simple, it's fun, and it works.

Just thinking about your rules some.

I would only make a few changes, but I think they make things a little better.

1) The mercs get frs radios

2) The spies get some NBBs with only like 5 bbs total

3) If a merc is killed with a gunshot, they're allowed to yell "I'm out" and maybe even give their location over the radio.

4) a 'Stealth Kill' consists of pulling the 'soul' (I would suggest a little 2" (5 cm) glowstick) off the merc's pack, or maybe a rubber knife tap

5) If a spy has the objective, he can only walk, and can't use a weapon or anything

6) Maybe give each spy some sort of diversionary device

7) Allow the mercs a more powerful (65 lumens) light, only on momentary on/off mode, to flash the spies with.

That all I can think of.

Its a real good idea, just needs a little tinkering with.

The rules on the site are set to allow for such things as spy diversions and mercs radios, it just isnt a rule that they have to have them so we didnt put it in there.

We used to use glow sticks as souls for mercs but glow bracelets from the dollar store are alot cheaper, but either works.

Our spies use all kinds of smoke bombs and things for distraction, so that is perfectly acceptable.

Walking with the objective would be to general a statement and would be to hard to regulate, but it should balance out if the spies just run with it.

Spies used to have guns when we first developed the game, but its allot more balanced and fun without, you see after a few games spies with guns would just slaughter the mercs easilly.

Mercs flashing the lights? not sure what you mean.

Archived