Hi everyone.. please help?

bigrabbitt

Hi everyone, my names Rabbitt. I'm new to the form and very inexperienced so any help all you vets can give me will be Greatly appreciated. My dilemma is this.. I have a tokyo marui MP5SD6 AND I'm TOTALLY UNHAPPY WITH THE SIGHTING SYSTEM on the standard gun. My newby question is this.. Can i fit a sight directly onto the gun or do i have to purchase a G&G Armament G3/MP5 Low Profile Mount or something similar before i can upgrade the optics? I'm a 1 shot 1 kill type of guy and i know this may not be the best weapon for those purposes but the gun is excellent and i've no intention of changing it any time soon. Any help you can give will be gratefully received... Thanks

Some people just don't like the aperture sights. I find them a bit unwieldy compared to Armalite sights but there you go ;)

Yes, you will need some sort of mount in order to put optics on an MP5. I reccommend a red-dot though, as powered scopes are too much for most AEGs. The main kind of mount for MP5s is a 'clamp' type that fits over the upper reciever. If you are in the UK check out the sight mounts section on www.zerooneairsoft.co.uk . I'm pretty sure they have some MP5 mounts in there.

Thanks fellas.. I thought as much, just didn't want to go ahead and get a sight then find it wouldn't go on.. Believe it or not the gun doesn't see that much action. It was bought on a whim a cpl years ago and its just being used by my daughter and i for target practice round the house. Waste i know, its a fantastic piece of kit but there just isn't anywhere where i live to use it.. (NI.. nuf said lol..) Thanks again..

Archived