Tightbore barrel questions

darkchild130

I'm going to get a madbull 6.03mm tightbore for my G36C and was wondering what other stuff would be required to get maximum benefit from it.

I have heard about needing to replace hop rubber as well as changing the cylinder but nothing concrete so i would like some advice on the matter.

Darkchild

You dont need a new cylinder so long as youre not changing barrel length by a large amount, say from the stock G36C barrel length of 227 mm (I think, pretty sure about that, check just to be sure) to 509 mm.

Also it depends on your gun maker. TM hop ups are generally very well made and usually dont need replacing, but you can try testing around with hop up rubbers just so you can get a feel of what you like the best. So far, the two best hop up rubbers I've used are Guarder 50% buckings, and Prometheus buckings, both with Big Out H Nubs, though they arent necessary.

Honestly, the hop system in an M4 or the like is inferior to the hop up design of the G36's and G3's IMO, and you most likely wont need to change to a different hop up chamber, as most armalite upgraders do.

This is a question that Guges would answer really well for you...

1. Check your compression on the cylinder. Make sure that there is no slop to it or the piston head (ie, no dead space that allows air to escape). Testing is done by putting a finger over the nozzle, and then trying to compress the piston.

2. If you have the type 1 cylinder (AFAIK, the one with the hole in it), either swap it out for a type 0 (no hole). This will give you better air control while also making your gun work smarter as opposed to harder. If you don't have a type 0 lying around, use some Duct tape, then wrap it in cellophane tape. Don't layer it too thick, though.

3. Another thing that I have picked up from reading through this forum is that you should replace the wiring with low-resistance wiring such as 16DW. The low resistance will feed the motor better, and not put much strain on the battery.

With all of these upgrades, it should get you an AEG that shoots better, and works less for the bits in it.

Hope this helps. For more specific responses, there is a thread on ASP about the cylinder stuff (or just PM Gugesmk3).

Archived