Anyone got a Hi-Capa?

Drayvn

yeah, a couple of us did some basic shooting with this and a ksc m945.

by comparison, with both 'out of the box' so to speak, the hicapa was more accurate, and with it being a fairly light frame/slide, it had quite a crispy report.

i do like it alot.

i have only one other tm gbb [the rest are wa and ksc], and thats the g26adv, and the hicapa seems alot better, and less plasticky than it overall.

The Hi-Capa is my favorite GBB in my collection right now. It's pretty accurate and the like many people said before the blowback is crisp and loud. It might look a little plasticky and light but it generally it looks very good. It does has quite a bit of metal parts compared to other TM GBBs. I can't wait for the upgrade parts to come out. A metal slide and barrel would almost make it perfect.

I'm sorry, I just don't find this gun attractive at all. After recently having fiddled with one, all I can say is, I'd rather throw it at the enemy than anything else.

IMHO, it needs so much work, it makes more sense to buy a Sheriff MRSS and start from scratch.

Just my $.02.

M.

Well i think its the best GBB that TM have made so far, its shoots great, feels great, and i dont thinkits very plasticky, with a metal frame it feels great, and with the upgrades that look likley then it may be a hard gun to beat. My only critisism is the hammer, its bloomin aweful!

Just step back and look at how much gun you getting for the money! its cheaper than a TM M92F and is far superior.

288 out of the box with green and .25s (0.96j). VERY accurate, excelent hop, fired 60 rounds on one fill of a mag, passed it around, and had to break some fingers to get it back B)

"if this is what Marui are making now, Western Arms better watch out" was the most heard comment...

Oh well...it's been almost 2 weeks since I bought it....today I test it with my WA HRT Milspec. Both from the same distance away, same gas(japanese), a mix of .20 and .25 BB....and the result is...I have better consistent groupings with WA then Marui 5.1. I'm not sure if it's the hop-up or what....but the distance I fired it from is not even that far, but Marui 5.1 did not do a great job hitting the target where I aimed it at. I mean with the WA, where I aimed, thats where it hit. But again this is far from being an accurate comparison or test for the gun....it's just my experience.

The distance was about 6-7 meters.....

Interesting...

I did some slow fire, 10 rounds 10 metres, and the grouping was about 11mm with no flyers.

I ran a Para Ordnance for some time, and the grouping was never as consistent, and ever 5 or so shots I would get a flyer. Is yours the new type of hop up?

Zen

Zen, so you're saying the HICAPA did a better grouping than the PARA? My WA is SCW HRT Milspec...so I'm assuming it's the new Hop-up. I don't usually mess around with the hop-up cause I do not go skirmishing with any of them. Maybe the problem with mine is the hopup on the HICAPA....but again, the distance was only 5-6 meters....hop up shudn't be effective above 10-15 meters right?

I skirmish, so have the hop set for max range, and have got body hits out to 25 yards easily.

WA have no hop set out of the box, so if you haven't touched it, you are shooting without hop, which does improve close range accuracy.

I have no experience with the new WA hop, only the old type where you had to take off the slide and use an allen key. Allegedly the new hop is better.

Turn the hop right off and fiddle with the sights perhaps?

I am not an expert, I just shot it out of the box and set the hop for skirmishing with the posted results. B)

When I tested the Parkerised SCW PO HRT, I wasn't amazingly impressed with the accuracy, but I bought a black SCW and that was right up there with the very best stock guns I (or DumboRAT) have tested.

Doesn't tell you anything, except that, maybe, WA accuracy is BETTER, but less consistent out of the box, from gun to gun.

Not tried the Hi Capa yet and can't see me getting a chance either, unless some kind soul or retailer would like to lend me one for review?

Cheers.

My hop up was perfect right at of the box.

Playing in a massive field with the enemy behind a hay bail, i walked towards him, he popped up i shot 1! round and hit hiim in the head. And tha must have been about 8-10 metres.

Ive had more consistent kills with my Hi-Capa than my rifle (tho my rifle is a SIG 551, so that might be the reason :P )

But anyway, ive have really good accuracy with my pistol and good power too. especially when skirmishing ive found it to be a true fall back weapon, and even ive selected to go out with it rather than my rifle...

Archived