Western Arms M8045 Cougar silencer/external mods?

Yes, another WA Cougar thread. Now that the leaky mags have been fixed, at the expense of my chrome mag (leaving me with just 2), I’m at another dilemma.

As the WA Cougar was released at around the same time as the KSC M8000, 3rd party companies started making accessories and upgrade parts for the KSC one, instead of the WA.

Anyways, as for the Cougar- I’ve been getting a little bored with the style. While it, without a doubt, is the nicest pistol I own, I feel that spicing it up’ll be awesome.

For example, a silencer, or perhaps a rail on the bottom- I searched around, Googling came up with nothing except parts for the KSC counterpart (which I’ve never even seen in person, much less know the dimensions for)- which luckily enough has a rail (which I’m not sure how it works, or if it’ll fit. I’m not optimistic- and as the only retailer I’ve found so far that has it in stock is Tokyo Hobby, the site behind the infamous PropScam, I don’t want to order from them, especially into Canada- and then go through the harrowing process of getting an out of country part all the way from Asia, and find out it doesn’t fit.

Next is a silencer- there’s no adaptors that I know of. Any suggestions- anyone with a Cougar know the dimensions well enough to recommend something that’ll work without damaging the hard-to-replace Inox barrel?

There’s a black silencer for the M8000, but that needs a KSC barrel and I’m sure that it wouldn’t fit in my WA.

Cheers, +1s’ll be given.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

i have 2 wa cougars :) 1 inox and 1 black, definately my favourite guns, i just with they still made metal upgrade kits!

i think ive seen a metal frame for the ksc, but never a slide :/

i havent taken them apart though sorry. Probably similar to the m92, little grub screw on the safety switch, then you can slide the safety assembly out and should be only about 1 little screw/bolt to remove on the underneath of the slide and then just a case of pulling the bits out. that vague enough for you? :)

Archived