Upgrading a p226

0nslaught

Hello all,

I am going to order some parts tomarow for my P226.

Nine Ball 6.03mm Precision Barrel for Marui SIG P226 Rail

Nine Ball Hammer Spring for Marui SIG Sauer P226 Rail

PDI Piston Head for Marui P226

Guarder Enhanced Loading Muzzle for MARUI P226 RAIL

Guarder Enhanced Recoil/Hammer Spring for MARUI P226 (150%)

Okay so obviously i know how to swap the recoil springs. Is changing the barrels hard? do i just take out the barrel out of the hop up system? is there a special way to take out the barrel and seperate it to add a different barrel? Where is the hammer spring located? i will probably ask my friend to change that part. As for the piston head, where is the piston head? do i have to take apart the loading muzzle to replace this? how do i open the loading muzzle? also theres a piston head for the p226 called the "winder" piston head. it says that its specialy designed to withstand the coldness and stuff, is it still reliable? would i get the same reliability and durability of the normal PDI piston head? except the winter one is enhanced for cold weather. and i think i know how to do the piston head.

I suggest you stay away from the hammer spring. I chronoed a friend's P226 with a Guarder 150% hammer spring and it only gave about 3fps. more than the stock spring. However, the spring was so strong that it pushed the hammer up too hard, causing the slide to bind on its way forward. The hammer spring is located in the backstrap of the frame.

The PDI piston head is definitely a good item to get, just make sure you lube it or it will stick. It's located inside the loading nozzle.

Archived