HFC USR-11 Gas Bolt Model

First Impressions

The box itself is a one-piece, plain black cardboard box with a black and white photo of the rifle on it.

Upon opening the box, I found a moulded plastic box liner accomodating the following items; the rifle, magazine, pistol mag type speed loader, a bottle of 500 BBs (they appear to be .2 from weighing), instruction leaflet (unfortunately, for spring model) and tools for the rifle (1 hex key and barrel crown removal tool).

The rifle itself is a clone of the VSR-10 Pro Sniper version. There are noticeable mould lines around the butt and stock but in spite of this the stock feels solid enough to do the job.

Being a clone of the VSR, it accepts the VSR mags with ease but for some reason you have to push the mag home slightly more firmly than with the VSR. Mag capacity of the USR-11 mag appears to be 30 BBs.

The hop controls and the safety are exactly the same as the VSR and the rifle comes with iron sights which can be removed and replaced with a scope rail. I have been unable to test the long range accuracy of this rifle or the effectiveness of the hop-up unit as yet, as there currently no free bookings for the main hall at the local sports centre, where I have permission to test and zero my airsoft weapons.

The two major differences between this rifle and the VSR are as follows:

The barrel crown

Shown circled in red, the barrel crown of the USR-11 appears to be substantially thicker than that of the VSR. Whether this has anything to do with my inability to fit the VSR silencer adapter, or not, I'm not sure but further test with tell.

barrelcrown.jpg

The bolt

Shown here circled in red, the bolt on this model also incorporates the filler valve for the gas cylinder. I have found that by gently depressing thecentre of the fill valve it is possible to bleed off most of the remaining gas to store the rifle, thus avoiding undue strain on the seals.

gasfillvalve.jpg

Chrono Results

I have chrono'ed this rifle with both 134a and Green gas and ICS .2 BBs at 25^C using a Combro cb-625. The results are posted below:

134a

1. 291.5 fps

2. 301

3. 301

4. 290.1

5. 304

6. 301

7. 295.6

8. 303

9. 296.3

10. 297.7

Average velocity = 298 fps

Green gas

1. 448

2. 438

3. 438

4. 450

5. 449

6. 457

7. 423

8. 440

9. 427

10. 427

Average velocity = 439.7 fps

Preliminary conclusions

This rifle appears to be well constructed and appears to shoot with a fairly consistent velocity whether using green gas or 134a. No doubt a tightbore barrel and the application of PTFE (Teflon) tape around the hop up and nozzle would improve the figures slightly.

As soon as I have a chance to do the hop-up and accuracy tests, I will post the results here.

Edited by rifleman
  • 2 weeks later...

Teflon mod completed - just waiting on a new can of green arriving to redo chrono tests. Accuracy testing may be a while until I manage to book 2 hours at the local sports centre main hall because I've already got permission from the manager to zero airsoft weapons there, it's just a question of getting a couple of uninterrupted hours shooting.