do freezing valves affect the gun?

0nslaught

I was shooting my p226 today and i was shooting it pretty rapid. my friend said to watch out because if it gets to cold the valves can freeze and ruin something. how long are you supposed to hold down the gas bottle? my friend said to never go over 3 seconds. but ive seen other people hold it on there until gas pours out. what is the recommended amount of gas put into a standard mag? i dont know if something is wrong with my gun but i cant finish a whole mag even with a 6 second fill. i have a hi flow valve, guarder enhanced nozzle, PDI piston, and a guarder 150% recoil spring. maybe its the hi flow? also my friend told me that when the valves freeze up the gun doesnt function the same. will it ruin my gun if i get my magazine realy cold? im afraid i ruined some of my parts in my gun.

I usually fill my magazines for about 10 seconds. It does no damage to fill too long, you just waste gas. Liquid spilling out is the correct indicator for a full charge of gas.

You can't freeze the seals of a normal GBB by firing, even entire magazines on full auto. The magazine will get cold but that's not a problem. Just let it warm up before continuing, because you lose pressure when the gas gets cold.

If the gun malfunctions and vents, or you press the valve manually, you might make the seals freeze and with time damage them, but it's not something you need to be worried about in normal use.

-Sale

You won't freeze the valve by holding the bottle down. Hold the bottle down until no more gas goes in the magazine - with TM mags, I believe you can tell this because no more goes into the mag, so you end up having loads of gas escaping from the bottle by not going into the mag. Thats a bad description but you will know what I mean when you see it. TM parts are made for their reliability so you would have to try pretty hard to freeze the valve - if thats even possible!

thanks guys, i didnt mean putting too much gas into the mag freezes the valves i ment shooting the gun very rapidly and getting it very cold. and the gas fill was a seperate question btw. other than that ty. lol my friend thinks 2 seconds is the max u can fill a magazine or you will damage the gun.

if you were to fill for over 10 seconds and not have any gas spilling out, then you could be assured that either physics as we know it is wrong or you're damaging the mag.. As it is, in this universe at least, spilling gas can't cause damage, it's a valve, there isn't much to break.. the seals are usually what go in magazines, and that it usually because they dry out, not through overfilling in any way.

cheers.

Archived