TM version 2 gearbox problem

Chrissyg

Hey guys,

I've just upgraded my TM CAR-15 gearbox :P and put it back together. Done.

But when I fire it the ROF is very slow (about that of an LPEG-MPEG) and it blew a fuse. When I attach the two connectors (where the fuse normally is) it heats up very quickly and I really dont understand why this could be. I've done many gearbox upgrades but im stumped on this one.

The upgrades I put in were:

Area 1000 metal bushings

Systema Bearing spring guide

TK 6.03 barrel

A 1J spring

Now I have another 4 guns to compare a 1J guns ROF to and this one is shockingly bad. I really dont have a clue what to do. I've got a skirmish tomorrow and really need some help as I want to try out my new baby properly!

I've got the gearbox open now and im open to any suggestions! I've checked the shimming and its fine!

Please guys! +1's will be given out!

Chrissy

You experiancing any shorts? Did you check you wires to make sure that they are all still firmly connected or to make sure they aren't crossing with anything?

Either that or some motor issue, but I don't think that would explain the fuse blowing.

My advice would be to try another battery (as you have many others I would guess) and try another motor. Though it sounds more like an electrical issue.

Just a thought as you've already managed to succesfully upgrade gearboxes before.

You might want to make sure your gears are turning smoothly. It might be your motor is not able to move those gears with ease which may explain the rising heat).

I would take out the cylinder, spring, piston, anti reversal latch and put the gearbox shell together with mainly just the gears.

Then reach in where the cylinder would be and try turning the gears manually and see if they move with ease. (learned that from mechbox.com)

Shimming is fine, I've checked and double checked it.

Motor is fine, I've adjusted it fine.

Nope, its a stock TM M16A1 body, it was firing fine before I opened it up to put in the upgrades (despite me opening it up once before to check the gearbox condition).

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!

Archived