anyway to tell the Mah of battery?

kenshin9

so yes i got a battery with a gun i swapped ages ago, but i have no idea what the Mah is on the battery so i cant calculate the time i need to charge it, the sticker on the battery has come off, so i dont know what it is. Also i dont have a charger with the auto turn off function thing on it and need to charge it for tommorow lol. any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Jas

The short answer is no, unless you have a charger that can charge to a peak and then discharge so you can read the mah coming out of it.

i have a charger that does that, well i think so... cant remeber now, but if i remeber when it peaks, it doesn't tell you it discharges the light just goes ever so dimmer, hard to tell unless you watch its all the time :S.

so i guess theres now way.. damn, i'll try to find my camera and take a pic so if anyones reconises it they might be able to help i guess

Jas

Well, if you can charge it up to it's full capacity and then stick a 1amp load on it you could time it to see how long it takes to go flat, that'll give you a rough idea of the mah rating of the pack. I.e if it takes 1 hour to discharge then its a 1000mah pack (or thereabouts) This is assuming you access to a multimeter though....

Is it impossible that the cells themselves might have the mAh written on them? I've got a battery that is wrapped in clear shrink wrap, and the batteries below have "2000mAh" on them.

I don't know if this is just the design of this battery, with the rating etc on the cells - you might find you've just got unbranded ones under there but it might be worth a try (without tearing the battery to bits of course!)

Good luck.

How old is the battery, what size, do you have any other packs to compare it to?

Did it come with a gun and was it the original battery supplied with the gun

Chances are if it's a small old pack it'll be 600mah Sanyo NICADS like you used to get as stock with most old TM guns.

If you compare it to a known type of pack of the same size is it lighter or heavier?

In my experiance Nicads are usually lighter than Nimhs of equivalent size.

But really all this is guess work :(

A Picture of the battery might help

How old is the battery, what size, do you have any other packs to compare it to?

Did it come with a gun and was it the original battery supplied with the gun

Chances are if it's a small old pack it'll be 600mah Sanyo NICADS like you used to get as stock with most old TM guns.

If you compare it to a known type of pack of the same size is it lighter or heavier?

In my experiance Nicads are usually lighter than Nimhs of equivalent size.

But really all this is guess work :(

A Picture of the battery might help

size its the normal for an 8.4 so 7 cells.

was given to me by th person i swapped it with but he cannot remeber it either.

havent got a pack of the same size :(

for some reason i cannot find my camera but i'll have a look around for it :)

Jas

Kenshin, just to make sure- mah is how many rounds you're gonna get from it rather than the ROF of your weapon, so if it potters out at about half a day's play, not too heavy on the trigger finger, you're probably looking at a 600mah.

Hoping you can find it out from a more substantial test at some stage though!

Kenshin, just to make sure- mah is how many rounds you're gonna get from it rather than the ROF of your weapon, so if it potters out at about half a day's play, not too heavy on the trigger finger, you're probably looking at a 600mah.

Hoping you can find it out from a more substantial test at some stage though!

cheers, thanks for your help :) mate, i'll try it out tommorow. :)

Jas

Archived