Uh oh. No cover

Flakdragon

Well, here is the deal, fellow snipers and esteemed ones. My airsofting field is not exactly hospitable for the typical sniper stuff...so here is the exact low-down.

The field consists of a lot of dirt pathways, other ways covered by only leaves, very low grasses, and few taller grasses (few enough to count...literally). The only thing besides leaf or sand covered ground is trees, trees, and more trees. All very tall and consisting of a few lower branches. There are rare parts (like 1/10 of the field) that consist of thick thorny bushes that cover like a small part, but it is in open ground so it is not very useful in any case.

So with mostly leaves and dirt in piles or covering the ground, how can I go about blending in? In the summers, it is basically the same conditions, only very slightly more small grass. It is pathetic, and I have no idea of how to go about getting vegetation for a ghillie is there is hardly any. Am I supposed to get leaves and stick them in countlessly? How do I go about my rifle, sticking leaves in as well or painting it a "leafy" color?

Thanks for the assistance.

I think the FIELDCRAFT thread is covering this already? Look there.

Lastly look for divots in the ground that can hide your shape. Once you get on the deck you may realise there is more chance to hide than you thought, unless of course it is completely level. :flamed:

Try to find a tree to climb if you are allowed. Do it only once or you will get predictable.

Good Luck ;)

my field is very similiar.

make a very brown patchy ghillie, too much will show up, too little will show up, patchy is the best way to go.

stay as low as humanly possible

stay in areas where breezes tend to blow, the movement helps conceal your location very, very well.

I looked at the fieldcraft and I am actually more interested in those camouflage suits for hunters rather than the ghillie, they look like they work very well. Where would I be able to purchase some of those realtree patterns online? The realtree website has a shop that sells everything but those great looking suits!

EDIT: Found it! It is beautiful and is a 3d pattern and really looks just great! Link for those that need it, I am definitly a happy camper :D.

Suit:http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.Tex...arTarget=browse (there are several patterns for other buyers, I am going for the realwood, look at lower part of page)

Headcover:http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.Tex...cmCat=CROSSSELL (Once again, realwood at bottom of page)

Hardwood rocks!

Just beware, noise is the only downside of that style of suit. Look at the reviews on that page.

Hope it works for your environment. I use Hardwoods mainly, but have several bits in one design or another. I also have Wetlands pattern goretex.

I rate modern hunting patterns over many military designs. The higher contrast fools the eye that you are not 1 solid object. Certainly the best approach to a leafy environment IMO.

2006_0617Lownorthcamp-2days0050.jpg

Similar to this fellow 6mm hunter's jacket. Note the prelim elastic work for local cam.

Happy Hunting ;)

I use a leaf suit and I find it noiseless compared to the vast majority of kit other airsofters use. They are light and have zero water retention the only problem I have is that they snag and tear on Thorns due to the breathable material used. You could make you own easy enough with some old DPM. Remember 60% natural 40% artificial.

post-28568-1171315100_thumb.jpg

Archived