Russian Urban

xRAZERx

I've never seen the "urban" camo used, but it can't be that efficient. I know people have used it in snow, but the standard woodland colors will work better in both environments. If you plan on ordering from RCG, then think twice. Currently, many people are having to wait several months for their gear. That can be somewhat blamed on the Russian postal service, but I've heard alot of stories of people claiming RCG gave excuses like "computer problems" and whatnot. They are great people, just something doesn't seem to be working right with them lately. I had to wait 2 1/2 months or something like that for my BDUs (the ones you pictured but in woodland color.)

I've seen someone utilising the camo patterns at Lightfighter Urban. As a fellow Eastern block fan I thought it was a very good camo, but in terms of its effectiveness as camoflague, I think you're likely to be dissapointed unless you're operating in low light conditions.

I think that ultimately most urban camoflagues fail to work really, as quite often the engagement ranges when FIBUA are reduced considerably, and it's much more difficult to be masked against your surroundings when your surroundings don't have the usual 'broken up' quality of a woodland environment. I've not seen the digital urban camoflagues used yet, but maybe they will have more success.

However, it's a nice set of bdus regardless (but then I would say that, it's Russian!). I think if you're buying them for looks rather than 'Predator-esque' invisibility, you'll not be dissapointed!

In the articles section is a review of a Splav M4 jacket in russian urban pattern Gorod-1 that I find better.

This pattern, Kamish, is more bluish and less effective in my opinion:

fsbcomp6kn.jpg

fsbjacket5ek.jpg

Nuno is that a mauser or a makarov with bakelite grips?

Gorod Urban is quite nice, however Kamysh (Ana ir Rex) urban is the best :P

Its a Makarov, because the pockets made for holstering are made for small frame guns. The same happen with some tactical vests that don't allow anything larger than a Makarov or a PPK.

For me the best urban outfit is made from Splav. Is better made and more resistent than others and the associated pattern is Gorod.

Archived