KJW M700 Disassembly

visionviper

Ok, I am cleaning, lubing, and adjusting my M700. I figured since I am going to replace the current barrel with a tightbore soon (once I get things cleared up on what type of barrel is need and what if any work needs to be done said barrel) I figured I would to to remove the barrel and hop-up and all that.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the barrel. I was able to get the barrel-hopup assembly out, but I can't seem to get the barrel out. Looking at the exploaded diagram I still can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be nice.

Sorry from your original post I was under the impression you'd removed all the screws and still couldn't get it out.

Can you not see the screw that needs to be removed? I've no idea if or how the KJW version differs from the Tanaka.

The inner barrel + hopup should slide right out of the outer barrel. Then you need to use a very small, probably 1mm, hex key to loosen three screws on the black piece of plastic covering the hopup unit. That should let you slide out the hopup unit, which can be opened with a Phillips screw driver.

Archived