MOLLE or vest?

Hood

Ok, I´m between this two options, I don´t want any other gear type suggestions, just give your opinion on this two:

STRIKE Gen-4 Molle System Plate Carrier Harness

or

BlackHawk Urban Assault Vest OD Green

The fact is that I mostly play CQB, but we´re planning to go to some woodland scenarios. So what should I get, a MOLLE or a Vest? Also I want to use it with either a woodland BDU, desert or an OD flight suit. Opinions really appreciated.

If you want a molle vest why not get the BHI commando one, that one is ment for carring plates, the recon Harness(also molle) fits great. Also consider a Gaurder MOD II which I have, which fits veyr very great, even a HSGI Weesatch would be a great Molle harness, but then again I dont like BHI.

Hey, thanks all of you for your help. It seems clear which is the way to go. Specially I want to thank Taclightmike. At first I only looked at the Plate Carrier Harness because I wanted to have a backplate, but it seems that you can attach BHI´s backplate to that one, and the Commando Recon seems to have a better fit.

So again, thank you for making me changing my mind.

I'm getting interested in this now; it seems like a nice way to get a gear fix in the long term. I can buy one or two pouches a month, and only buy what I need, rather than spend one big sum on a vest , only to not use half of the pouches.

I'm looking for a chest rig-style harness though, rather than a vest. Does such a thing exist, and if so, where can I get one? Most of the MOLLE harnesses I've seen cover the back, which I'm not too keen on.

Tactical Tailor 2-Piece MAV Body

Blackhawk Industries STRIKE Triple M4 Mag Pouch

Blackhawk Industries STRIKE Utility Pouch

Tactical Tailor Small Radio Pouch

Something like that would be ideal.

I really do recommend OpTactical, though. as they're excellent at importing stuff into the UK. I had no problems at all, and their service and prices were superb.

Quit peddling your stinking M4 accessories ;)

But ta, that looks ideal. How does importing work out pricewise? That works out to about £28 $ > £, but after all the extras, how much do you reckon? I like the look of it; if these new P90 pouches I've ordered attach to MOLLE, I'm sold :)

It's a damn sight cheaper than buying it from a UK company (if you can find them), that's for sure ^_^

For all that (just as an example)...

Total price ($): 121.40

Price inc. approx. USPS EMS shipping ($): 190

Total price inc. shipping (£): 100.20

Total price inc. shipping & approx. tax (£): 125

It should come out, I'd imagine, around £125 for the lot I specified before (I forgot you had a P90 ^_^).

The general rule of thumb for import tax from pretty much anywhere is to add 25% of the final cost :)

Cheers :)

Archived