Maruzen P99 Blow Back Problems

TheBauer

Right people,

ive got a p99, and im having some blow back issues, the slide wont blow back all the way, or sometimes the slide will lock bout 1cm from the ready position.

ive took the slide off and lubed it alll up, im using abbey predator ultra gas, and i had no problems with the first can, but it mite be this can, ive ordered some APS winter gas, so im hoping that may fix it,

has any 1 got any ideas why the slide might not be blowing back all the way??

Thebauer

Hehe, I think it's just Maruzen's design that's not as reliable as it could be. Like I mentioned in the review comments for the P99 GBB, I had to warm up the mag to almost body temp when using 134a gas to make the slide lock. On green gas, it seems to be fine, but sometimes, it shoots like an NBB, and I think that's the mag's problem. Or maybe the hammer spring is not strong enough.

It feels to me that everytime the hammer strikes the valve, it doesn't let out enough gas. I haven't found anywhere that sells stronger hammer springs for the P99. And it also makes sense that why the gas efficiency is so good. I can get 80 shots out of one charge of gas.

mmmm its worked fine before, ive got the metal slide version (tact 3 kit)

i can see what you mean with the hammer not letting enough gas out though. but because the slide doesnt always go back far enough it doesnt allways fire everytime i pull the trigger :(

Mine doesn't have the metal slide upgrade. Maybe it's just a sticky slide. Try to manually cycle the slide a few times. Do you feel a lot of resistence when you try to pull the slide back? Maybe some parts are not quite in position. I remember ZenMastaT also mentioned something about the metal slide being sticky. You may want to ask him too.

Confirm - Maruzen P99 with Zeke metal Slide?

If it is, it is NOT the mag. I did three custom jobs to get the metal slide to work on the P99.

Its actually the slide rubbing two hard on the lower frame guide. You have to take ~.5mm of material off to allow for the slide to work properly.

I have had a P99 for over 2 years now, it it takes a lost of work to keep this gun going. but I love it so I keep doing the work. I would recommend taking the valve out and doing a valve job on it so it shoots harder and lets more gas out to help in the blowback. I think it is kind of sad by I think my p99 has almost had it. I hope the Mauri p226 will be good, it looks like it could be a pretty good replacement, but i will wait till my P99 is totally dead and we know more about the quality of the p226

Regards,

iBAWLS

Yea, I've got two mags, one came with the gun (20 rounds, and need a loading tube), and one of the new 24 rounds ones. I like the old one better because it gives me more shots on each charge of gas, but neither of them seem to do better cycling the slide. :P

I have had a P99 for over 2 years now, it it takes a lost of work to keep this gun going. but I love it so I keep doing the work.  I would recommend taking the valve out and doing a valve job on it so it shoots harder and lets more gas out to help in the blowback.  I think it is kind of sad by I think my p99 has almost had it.  I hope the Mauri p226 will be good, it looks like it could be a pretty good replacement, but i will wait till my P99 is totally dead and we know more about the quality of the p226

Regards,

iBAWLS

Surprisingly enough, when I use green gas in the stock P99 (and when the slide cycles properly), it shoots pretty hard, as hard as my KSC G17 with metal upgrade using green gas under the same conditions. And has a good kick, much better than the blowback using 134a even when I warm up the mag to body temperature. And it's very accurate. :) It's just not reliable because you never know when the slide might fail t cycle properly. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived