Scoop on thee G&G UMG

FarEast

Well guys as some of you might know I was at the Blackhole show over the weekend where I brought you all images and video of the Tokyo Marui M14, well now its time for the G&G UMG,

Now as I said before some of the major manufactures were there today, which resulted in a huge price crash as retailers and manufactures tried to out price each other one such bargain I was happy to walk away with was a G&G A2/A3 metal body and cocking tube which normally goes for around ¥18,000 (£90.00 or $160) but managed to get for ¥9000 which is (£45.00 or $80.00) and again due to the amount of competition the prices of the guns were ridiculously cheap.

The next stop was over to the trade tents to take a look to see if they had any sneak previews of any forth coming releases, I was not disappointed having given G&G my hard earned cash for the MP5 metal body I asked in hush tones about the forth coming release of the UMG, taking one look at my camera and the fact I was the only westerner in the building he asked if I was press….before I even knew what I was saying the words “Yes, I’m here for Arnies Airsoft” escaped my lips. I was taken round the back of the main stand were on a table they had a fully working version, although it is still in its development stages.

Now straight away the thing that hit me was how solid this gun is, no creaking and wobbles which seem to be a high priority of manufactures today and also the high quality finish that we have come to expect from G&G. Also they had the Mark II of their M14 rifle with modified trigger it’s no longer heavy and responds very nicely.

Now before anyone asks i have no idea about the mechanics inside the UMG the guy wouldn't tell me and infact as you can see by the picture he wasn't happy about me taking so many pictures. The first thing that struck me like i said was the ridgeness of the gun and the attention to detail although the trades are not painted in and a few were missing....... but im no expert on the real steel.

The accuracy is very good at around 20 meters and i would put this down again to the craftmanship of the weapon but as this is an R&D model it can't be taken for granted that the final model will be anything like this one.

Well on that note enjoy the pics!

ggumg2medium5uu.jpg

ggumgmedium1fg.jpg

ggumg3medium7ei.jpg

Now here is an interesting image of some other to be released models that G&G are working on!!!

ggumg5medium0pn.jpg

Now as well as im quite amazed at the finish on this kit although I don't like the mag clip, the fake rounds of ammo make it look a little tacky and cheap but the finish on the main body is excellent.

p8060325medium5ol.jpg

p8060327medium7fp.jpg

GR 300?

DROOL

LOL, yeah it looks like he just took a hit to the nads :lol:

That UMG looks pretty nice, not something i'll be going for myself, but it appears G&G are working hard to make all their new guns pretty decent. Shame the GR300 seems to have such prominent G&G markings on its receiver.

Nice work Far_East, you arent half handy for getting info and photos to us ;) +1

A few other things from Black Hole...

There will be an airsoft MRP released in October of 2005 for the Marui M4. They had pre-production samples and looked really good.

Nothing new, but I finally got to see Shoei's FG42, G43, and MP44 Blowback model. WWII fans will love these...all look incredible.

Lots of cosplayers...I saw one guy with a set of ACU's. A few booths had them for sale.

Hope this helps :)

A few other things from Black Hole...

There will be an airsoft MRP released in October of 2005 for the Marui M4. They had pre-production samples and looked really good.

Nothing new, but I finally got to see Shoei's FG42, G43, and MP44 Blowback model. WWII fans will love these...all look incredible.

Lots of cosplayers...I saw one guy with a set of ACU's. A few booths had them for sale.

Hope this helps  :)

Nice to hear at least SOME news about the gd LMT MRP replica. Who is making it lemongelo, any idea?

Thanks for the awesome pictures fareast. Btw, quick question for you but did G&G mention anything about the GR300's price? If the gun costs more than 400 dollars there's really no point in buying that over the prime kit. I can get a fully assembled, brand new working lr300 for 525 shipped.

Nice to hear at least SOME news about the gd LMT MRP replica.  Who is making it lemongelo, any idea?

Thanks for the awesome pictures fareast.  Btw, quick question for you but did G&G mention anything about the GR300's price?  If the gun costs more than 400 dollars there's really no point in buying that over the prime kit.  I can get a fully assembled, brand new working lr300 for 525 shipped.

Care sharing where to get it for that much from?

EDIT: Oh yeah, any idea on barrel length of the UMP?

Nice to hear at least SOME news about the gd LMT MRP replica.  Who is making it lemongelo, any idea?

Sorry, I wasn't too sure. The booth was in front of the same poster that was there during the last Blackhole a few months back. The poster said "Best Gun" but I don't think that's what the mfg's are called. I also don't know if they have any connection with Evike. It's definitely an Asian mfg and they had told me it will be released in Japan by October. Sorry, probably not the info you wanted.

Archived