TM 1911: Cosmetic altering?

Where did my post go?

Oh well, here we go again..

I want to alter my looks to the TM 1911, make it more modern.

Highest priority is to put on a pair of novak sights on my TM 1911.

And it would be marvellous to be able to mount my M3, so a rail would be much appreciated.

Other than that an egghole hammer and a funky looking trigger is on it's way. I've already put on a 1911-hoguegrip, it looks and feels fantastic.

Anyone got any tips, like "hey you actually can use a WA's lower frame and slide cause you know what, they're compatible" ;)

And please hold yourself from posting things like, it cannot be done or it's impossible cause I'll only prove you wrong in the end.

I think you should sell the 1911 and buy a Hi Capa 4.3. Seriously. Otherwise, you're going to be junking most of your gun to replace the frame and slide with the features you want.

Or, thinking about it, WE have come out with a tactical version of their 1911. Might be worth a look.

:zorro:

Where did my post go?

Oh well, here we go again..

I want to alter my looks to the TM 1911, make it more modern.

Highest priority is to put on a pair of novak sights on my TM 1911.

And it would be marvellous to be able to mount my M3, so a rail would be much appreciated.

Other than that an egghole hammer and a funky looking trigger is on it's way. I've already put on a 1911-hoguegrip, it looks and feels fantastic.

Anyone got any tips, like "hey you actually can use a WA's lower frame and slide cause you know what, they're compatible" ;)

And please hold yourself from posting things like, it cannot be done or it's impossible cause I'll only prove you wrong in the end.

Wait so if you already know it can be done and you'll prove anyone wrong that say's otherwise, why are you even asking?

:wacko:

1. To fit Novaks you're going to need an after market slide or have the dovetails cut into the stock slide, the 1911 std rear sight has a narrow dovetail, the novaks have a wider one. You'll also need a flat milled on the back of the slide for the Novaks.

2. To fit a rail you'd need the rail from a MARSOC and then drill two holes in your TM frame to screw the rail on.

3. No you won't be able to use a WA frame or slide, the internals are too different.

Oh hang on, wait, you can use them!

So you have access to a CNC milling shop then? :P

If you really want a 'modern' 1911 then maybe you should perhaps look to getting a Hi Capa as thats already modernised and you can get some funky aftermarket part's for it already.

I'm sure given a couple of more month's there will be a huge selection of different slides and frames for the TM 1911 just like there is for WA 1911's.

the egg hole hammer wont fit with a stock grip safety, novaks are gong to require ruining your slide, WA slide and frames cant be used, if you wanted to use them, then you should have bought a WA, TM 1911's cant be modernised, they can be made very pretty, but not very modern, id say the most modern you could get it to look would be around 1911 A.D.

Stick the guts from your 1911 slide in a hicapa slide that you've carefully dremmeled a notch in the slide for the barrel bushing, stick on after market sights if you can find them(and tell me where :P ).

As for the rail mount you can just drill the holes for the hicapa rail into the 1911 frame or you can get rail mounts that bolt onto the trigger gaurd.

Ring hammers quite often need the beaver tail flattened out to fit but that's a 5 min job with some sand paper.

Thanks for the heads up on the ring hammer vs. beavertail, never thought of that before.

IYea, I probably made a bad move not buying a WA but I was so got damn impressed by the precision on TM's pistols so I just went for it, and the reason why I didn't buy a 5.1 or 4.3 from the start is simply, the doublestacks looks awful in my eyes.

I've found some goodies at dentrinity, there's a novak kind-of-sight for bomar cuts (product number: PIR169), that means I need a 5.1 slide and that tanio-koba slide spacer. But what about the internals, can I just take the ones in the 1911 and transfer them to the 5.1 slide, will they fit and work?

And yea I KNOW there is a way, cause I'm quite the optimist, the reason WHY I'm asking is if anyone is thinking the same idea as me and have some tips stored. ;)

The blow back engine is a straight swap, to use the 1911 outer barrel and recoil spring you need to cut a small channel inside the hicapa slide to fit the bushing on and after that Robert is your mother's brother.

Yea, but the thing is I want the slim type barrel with the barrel bushing, not the cone shaped like the 4.3 has.

Had there been a coneshaped barrel that was black, not so silvery and shiny, I would have thought that was the easiest way to go.

Archived