Help me please.

SykoBobMonkey

I am just about to order a tm vsr 10 pro sniper and and i am going to fit the scope rail to it. the p[roblem is i do not know which sort of magnification to get. I am going to keep it stock however i may fit the layex 100 sp or 110 sp spring to it.

which scope off of zeroone is suitable for use with the standerd spring or either one of the modded springs.

thanks a lot

Buy a 3-9X40. Cheap, nice low magnification for airsoft ranges and wider field of view for easier target acquisition and spotting. Bigger front optics make you easier to spot and don't make HUGE difference to light gathering as the human eye is limited to how much it can gather itself.

Zooms upto 9 for double checking things that look suspiscious (is that a bush or ghillie).

In future please try to find the information on the forum before starting a whole new thread on it. This place soon gets littered with the same information replicated everywhere. thanks

Good Luck ;)

Yes shoot on 3 magnification at sub 328fps power and personally I think around 5 mag is enough for very high powered airsoft rifles. Only zoom up for spotting, not shooting.

The higher the magnification the less area you see through the scope. This means that if you put the target at the bottom of the scope picture (for long ranged lob shots) then the higher magnification scopes limit at what distance you can do such a lob shot and still see teh target through the scope.

Just get used to it on the 3 power setting and you can begin to predict the shots better after a while.

Good Hunting ;)

Well you shouldn't even need 9x for most UK sites given the usual engagement distances. Just dial up to a mid range magification so you maintain a reasonable field of view when checking stuff out. I've know players get damn close to someone who was occupied with a scope and did see the attacker coming. I don't think I ever found a site were anything above 4x was useful, and that was for spotting.

Even on bigger sites, you never need more than 4x magnification. You might consider getting a fixed power 4x scope instead of the 3-9 power scope; if you're just starting out sniping, you'll probably find that you can spot just fine with a 4x, and that you never actually use the higher magnification. If you've been sniping for a while, you may find yourself using higher magnification.

I never changed the zoom mid-skirmish for probably 200 games; I only started experimenting once I got more confident about my sniping skills. Just something to keep in mind, since 4x fixed power scopes are typically cheaper (although you can get a variable power and just leave it on 3x or 4x).

After looking at the scope prices on Z1 i would not get one from there. Look at air rifle dealers and you'll find you can get 3-9X40 for a good saving.

look here. Bargain ;)

You do use higher mags on gaming sites with hills that allow you to see over the top of closer terrain. Or also for scouring such hillsides from the lower ground.

But agreed a 4X40 is ample. look here

Good Luck ;)

Archived