TM M1911A1 Frame Disassembly

Fuser

So I'm waiting on a PGC kit for my 1911 and I've started to disassemble the gun. I can gut the slide and the lower half of the frame, its the upper part of the frame that confuses me.

With the slide off and the magazine out, I've pushed out that pin at the bottom of the gun, taken out the leaf spring, taken off the grip safety, etc. etc. Now what do I do? I have to remove the safety and the housing and all that, but I don't think its the same process as it would be on a WA since I've done that in the past.

Usually with a WA you're able to move the hammer to a certain position and then the safety just slides up and off.

And help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

I've yet to find a complete disassembly guide for the Marui M1911A1 on the internet, which confuses me since so many people have PGC'd TM 1911's. Does anyone know of one?

—Render

only based on what I have done with the TM 5.1.

You may have to hyper-extend the safety... as in, instead of where the safety USUALLY goes (for Safe) push it up and beyond that point. Now you may be able to carefully pull the safety up and out of the hole.

only based on what I have done with the TM 5.1.

You may have to hyper-extend the safety... as in, instead of where the safety USUALLY goes (for Safe) push it up and beyond that point.  Now you may be able to carefully pull the safety up and out of the hole.

I've tried that, with the hammer in different positions every time. It doesn't budge, so do you have to apply alot of pressure to it? And does it matter where the hammer is?

I've tried that, with the hammer in different positions every time.  It doesn't budge, so do you have to apply alot of pressure to it?  And does it matter where the hammer is?

I would have been able to answer that if my TM1911A1 was here!... that won't happen until 2moro, so I expect that someone else will be able to answer first.. :P

Once again, a 5.1 owner:

Are you pulling the safety out by the back end of it? If you try to remove it holding the bit that you manipulate during normal use, it won't work. You have to hold it close to where it fits through the the frame and pull it straight out. Sometimes I forget and am stumped for a while with my 5.1

Just making sure.

I tried it both ways, but I'll go try it again right now and try to wedge something under the safety and gently pull it out.

Thanks for the help.

edit

Ah that did the trick, just had to pull it from another angle. Thanks rsp1, +1 for you.

Archived