ca33e power?

M^tt

Well I've been looking around for awhile now and really like the look of the CA33E aeg. I prefer the smg style grips and stock and the fact its got a metal body is great plus.

However I've been looking at a few reviews im a tad worried about the power this thing produces, some have said around 350fps out of the box, which would leave me with a aeg which I couldnt legally use :( Any suggestions on this point ? were these reviews correct ?

Ubar has said there is a attachment for the end of the barrel to reduce the power should I need to ? anyone got any info on these.

Do sites chrono each gun before allowed onsite ? would they turn someone away if they had this gun if it really was kicking out 350fps stock ? :(

Cheers

Matt

found a few reviews, Cant remember all the links but a google should surfice

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=161

http://www.21stcenturyairsoft.com/ca33e.php

http://www.floridaairsoft.com/reviews/ca33/

seems to be rated pretty highly .. I really like the look of it and with the lowcap mags being available soon its even better ... my worry is the power of the thing :(

If you buy the CA33 from a UK stockist you should be able to order it preset to the UK recommended limit of 1Joule (328fps). AD,AA,Wolf etc should all do them at 1J out the box.

If i order from hk tho will a sp90 spring do the job of taking it down to more acceptable limits (Should it arrive doing 350 outta the box)

Did have similar worries with my CA M15A4, and these turned out not to be needed as mine chronoed at 302 fps at the first skirmish i took it to. I asked a Uk retailer by email a while ago (cant remember which 1) about the fps of the CA33 as i was looking at it , and was told the CA 280 - 315 was accurate.

If the gun arrive firing above 1J you can have troubles with the customs and have the gun seized.

According with CA, current production guns fire 280.5-313.5 with .2g bb's, bellow the 1J limit to avoid problems entering countries with limits similar to the UK.

well as u said the CA site says 280.5 - 313.5 which is what i would use for declaration .. and I hope it does actually come within that range as it will be perfect outta the box then :) - I doubt they will chrono it

Mine seems to shoot no harder than the average TM stock AEG. I'm not sure, but I think that the 8.4 battery I'm using does not provide enough power for the motor to compress the spring all the way back. This is a little annoyning because I meant to use it for sniping (I bought the scope and all...)

Mine seems to shoot no harder than the average TM stock AEG. I'm not sure, but I think that the 8.4 battery I'm using does not provide enough power for the motor to compress the spring all the way back.

The power doesn't depend of the battery. Either its able to compress the spring until the piston its relesed by the sector gear or not and the gun don't fire. You can only have a low ROF or less shots for each battery charge, never a power drop.

Archived