KSC/KWA Glock 23F or Glock 18c Takedown Guide

Sh0ty

Glock 23F or Glock 18c Takedown Guide

I was browsing around the forums when I noticed a couple quires involving the takedown of an automatic KSC/KWA Glock. There is a good guide from WGC, but I thought one on the forums would be nice too.

I won't cover removal of the slide, as it should be depicted in your instruction manuals, but once the slide is off, remove the recoil rod, rear sight and barrel. (both inner and outer)

P1040004.jpg

Once the parts mentioned above are removed, we can work on the blowback mech. The mechanism is held in by 3 parts; a grub screw, a pin and a phillips head screw. We need to remove these, starting with the grub screw. This was located under the rear sight and can be removed with the tiny allen key provided with your gun. If you've lost yours like I did, use a small paperclip to shove in there and hopefully get the grip you need to turn it.

P1040005.jpg

Once the grub screw is out, we need to remove the pin at the back of the slide, located in the lower left corner. This is removed by pushing in on the fire selector with the back of the slide facing the floor. Ideally, the pin will fall out, but for the less fortunate, you'll need to hit the slide on a table to get it out (you'll be hitting with the portion that the pin isn't in).

P1040006.jpg

Once the pin is out, remove the fire selector by pulling on it. In the recess that is created with the selector's removal is a ball bearing that holds the selector in the position of your choosing.DO NOT LOOSE THIS If you do loose it, your selector will never stay in place, and you'll have a weapon capable of safe and full auto.

P1040007.jpg

With our fire selector out, we just need to remove the phillips head screw near the back of the blowback mech to remove it.

P1040008.jpg

With the screw out, pull on the mech with your thumb and forefinger, lifting it out of the slide. Be sure to be gentle with it, as there are small spring loaded parts in the mech that will be a *badgeress* to find and replace. These will not fall out if you handle the mech by the ends and don't drop it.

P1040010.jpg

mmm sexy hand

re-assembly is the whole process backwards. If you need instructions on how to do this, or other disassembly questions, feel free to PM me.

-Sh0ty[/b]

May I recommend that you rename it to Slide-guide only?

I would probably come in here to look at the information on things like the hammer, hammer spring, frame internals etc.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

If you could put up a hammer guide that would be great, I have a enhanced hammer spring, recoil rod and high flow valve arriving shortly. It looks like to install the hammer I am going to have to take apart the blowback mech. Looks...erm, 'interesting'.

• 1 month later...

Archived